Massive internet based gamer research project

I've filled it in :)

Thanks again, I will give a detailed account of the study when it is complete, and the results. Just to settle a few nerves, this research project is not funded by any external bodies or agencies.

Just completed the survey.

Will be interesting to find the result, after all I graduated in Psychology (dissertation orientated about games) and completed masters in Criminal/Behavioural psychilogy

I've completed it. Have to agree with earlier posters on sections 2 and 3, but will be cool to see what the results show.

Just completed the survey.

Will be interesting to find the result, after all I graduated in Psychology (dissertation orientated about games) and completed masters in Criminal/Behavioural psychilogy

Email me if you want some more information

The responses are really coming fast now, thanks

Done it.

Thought some of the questions were a bit "loaded" though, asking more or less the same question - do videogames make you violent.

Might as well just added one more "I regularly partake in domestic violence". the repetetive nature of them was a bit more annoying than Mile High Club on Veteran ;)

"Do you get annoyed repeating answers to internet questionaires?" :rolleyes:

I know I have already done the questionaire but is'nt

55. I “squirm” at plays or lectures

more or less the same as

72. I am restless at the theatre or lectures

Filled it in, any idea when you will have all your results ?

Some very interesting questions.

Hope it helps out your research.

Deftones82

Thanks, I hope to have the results in a few weeks, we have just finished marking exams, so there is a bit of admin to do at the moment.

Please do not include racist comment, thanks.

Done.

Although it seems im quite a violet, disturbed person :rolleyes:

:D

Chris :hiya:

Another filled in here Simon and I'd have to agree with everyone else's thoughts on section 2 which does seem to repeatedly ask "are you an unhinged nutter?" :) It does seem like a consistent set of answers to sections 2 and 3 would point to a movie villain like Tyler Durden in Fight Club or Castor Troy from Face/Off :D

Still, is asking the same question in different words not quite common in personality profiling / psychometric tests? I'm sure I read a while back that the average response to such similar questions gives a truer result than just asking it once...

I too would be interested in the results :)

Thanks for your replies, when I have finished collecting data I will reveal all about the study, it will all make sense then I promise. I have no axe to grind as I have played games myself for years!

So where are the results?

Sorry about the delay in getting the results out but someone who I share an office with died suddenly and I have had to pick up a big level 2 module and run it at short notice.

Won't be long though.

Thanks

The thing is with us Psychos (i mean gamers lol) is that when you do these surveys , you misinterprit our frustration as anger , so who's the psycho's now :suicide:

All this from a Psychiatrists wet-dream may i add :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom