Massive hardware price cuts @Sainsburys (Arcade £100, 60GB £140)

Thanks for posting this, as some people may not have heard, but with all due respect, and I say this is in the nicest possible way. This is fairly old news...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836540

Just thought as there wasn't a post in the main 360 thread as thats where most people go first i'd post the news so that everyone would see it, suppose it should go in the hardware thread really but no one looks in there do they.

Mark.

Thanks for posting this, as some people may not have heard, but with all due respect, and I say this is in the nicest possible way. This is fairly old news...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836540
By rights, all threads relating to bargains should go in the bargains forum, not here, but I think some circumstances deserve exception. Getting a 360 for less than £100 is big news really, so I've left this thread here for now.

Great info :thumbsup:

I currently have an Elite so if i buy a 360 Arcade can i just use the Elite HD? If so i might buy one so i can have the Elit ein my cinema room and the Arcade in the Living Room - also does the Arvade have HDMI?

Great info :thumbsup:

I currently have an Elite so if i buy a 360 Arcade can i just use the Elite HD? If so i might buy one so i can have the Elit ein my cinema room and the Arcade in the Living Room - also does the Arvade have HDMI?
All Arcades have HDMI (as do 60GB and Elites obviously) and you can just swap your HDD between machines. Was thinking of doing exact same thing...

I must admit that i've even been temped to jump back and pick up a 360 at these prices even if it's an Arcade console.

Gears 2 is the only reason why i would be buying though so i'm not sure whether it's worth it or not? I'd try and get my Gamestation to price match (they normally do)

But if i buy an Arcade, then i'll wish i got a Pro for the extra stuff.

A certain Jay AVF who ditched his 360 this week for a PS3 has already given in and got another 360

I must admit that i've even been temped to jump back and pick up a 360 at these prices even if it's an Arcade console.

Gears 2 is the only reason why i would be buying though so i'm not sure whether it's worth it or not? I'd try and get my Gamestation to price match (they normally do)

But if i buy an Arcade, then i'll wish i got a Pro for the extra stuff.

A certain Jay AVF who ditched his 360 this week for a PS3 has already given in and got another 360

Jay flogged his 360 !!!! what is the world coming to ???

im getting another one tomorrow wicked news

got a pro today at 9.15 the last one they had:clap:

Very impressive of Microsoft to get the price down to sub-£100 in under 3 years*

It'll be really interesting to see what this does to Xbox sales. If Sainsbury's have lots of stock or if this price point becomes the new norm buying an Xbox as a present really gets into the mass market. They're really pushing the advertising too so they must be expecting some impressive sales pre-Christmas.

I wonder if this is happening across the rest of Europe too? I know that the Xbox is much less popular across the water than it is over here in the UK, but with prices like this is much be getting to the point where its tempting more and more people.

*Although some of it may it Sainsbury's pulling a loss leader to get peolpe through the doors.

Jay, just get them both :rotfl:
Do you do this with other products like cars etc as well?

These are awesome bargains though, I wonder how long Sainsburys will take to shift their supply.

I know, not like me at all. :rotfl:

Edit: As for current 360 sales, the price drop the other week has resulted in 360 sales being double that of the PS3 according to Chart Track (got this from neogaf.com) and before that it was even with the PS3. The Wii of course is just on another level lol

Last edited:
Jay, just get them both :rotfl:
Do you do this with other products like cars etc as well?

These are awesome bargains though, I wonder how long Sainsburys will take to shift their supply.

Edit: As for current 360 sales, the price drop the other week has resulted in 360 sales being double that of the PS3 according to Chart Track (got this from neogaf.com) and before that it was even with the PS3. The Wii of course is just on another level lol

I've got both, I've got 2 360s now and 3 hard drives and a ps3 and 2 hard drives.

My room looks like a Game shop :rotfl:

Yeah I upgrade everything, phones, clothes, trainers, decks.

Only live once, so why not. :)

I'm in a fortunate position of being able to spend and not worry about losing money so it's ok.

picked one up from game today with fifa09 for 179.99 it saved me treking to sainsburys for one and then going to tesco to pick up fifa to save a tenner after petrol was not worth it for me the lure of game and trading in a few games and reward card points were to much.
Excellent price for an aracde though for a spare makes its worth if you use the 360 for a media extender alone for the bedroom to stream films and what not.
I thinks this is a sainsburys thing after the recent price wars of morrisons the other week on games and tesco for fifa09 gaming is becoming a major entertainment factor in the household now, the wii proved that.
Its good news for ms because sainsburys would of shifted a shed load of consoles today and thats through the word of the internet when the adverts in the paper appear tomorrow its going to generate even more interest which leaves sony in the high end market coming into a recession
kop

picked one up from game today with fifa09 for 179.99 it saved me treking to sainsburys for one and then going to tesco to pick up fifa to save a tenner after petrol was not worth it for me the lure of game and trading in a few games and reward card points were to much.
Excellent price for an aracde though for a spare makes its worth if you use the 360 for a media extender alone for the bedroom to stream films and what not.
I thinks this is a sainsburys thing after the recent price wars of morrisons the other week on games and tesco for fifa09 gaming is becoming a major entertainment factor in the household now, the wii proved that.
Its good news for ms because sainsburys would of shifted a shed load of consoles today and thats through the word of the internet when the adverts in the paper appear tomorrow its going to generate even more interest which leaves sony in the high end market coming into a recession
kop

Si I'm gonna cane you at fifa tonight, you northern monkey.

I'll show you my silky skills

Si I'm gonna cane you at fifa tonight, you northern monkey.

I'll show you my silky skills

foolish hows about i cain you at fifa till about ten then we stick gears in ill cain you at that and say around 2am ill cain you at fifa again:smashin:

foolish hows about i cain you at fifa till about ten then we stick gears in ill cain you at that and say around 2am ill cain you at fifa again:smashin:

The only way you can beat me is when you talk a load of crap down the headset to try and distract me, I'l ltake my headset off and give you some top un hundraad. :rotfl:

I should hopefully be on at about 9ish, need to get down to blockbuster to pick up my game, it better be sealed too :)

If you just keep all your consoles/ games then in a few years you'll have enough to get a PS4 or XBOX 720 for free

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom