Massive Attack

Zorba_8

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Did anyone hear the new Massive Attack single on Zane Lowe's show on Radio 1 on Monday night (about 7.30pm).

Simply stunning... I can't wait for the album to come out in Feb 2010, they've been away from the industry too long! Sadly the name of the single escapes me :(

EDIT: Found it, it's called Paradise Circus!

Last edited:
Ah, it's just devine.

Can't wait to get a master copy on my main system rather than through rubbish built in computer speakers on my Sammy NC10!

It's a beautiful song alright, let's hope the rest of the album is similar (not expecting it be hit after hit)...she certainly has got an amazing voice. :)

I'm intrigued as to the other collaborations on the album....I'm looking forward to hearing Guy Garvey with Massive Attack - should be interesting. :thumbsup:

I had to google who Guy Garvey was! :blush:

Ah, the guy from Elbow, now that would be interesting, SWMBO loves Elbow so I have extra ammunition when deciding on what CD to put on.

8 February will be here before we know it :smashin:

My gf has bought this for me for valentines, I can't wait to put this on on Saturday night for a bit of late night listening ;)

I hope there'll be a few supporters of this album appearing here.

Paradise Circus....looking forward to hearing that again!

I've been listening to this today. I'm a huge MA fan and so far I have to say that it's not bad.

I think the problem is that MA's previous albums have just been so good that the newer one's (this and 100th Window) just don't live up to the likes of Blue Lines and Mezzanine. That's not to say they aren't good though.

My fav tracks on Heligoland so far are Paradise Circus (check out the Gui Boratto remix if you can as it's awesome too) and Atlas Air (which they've been playing at gigs recently under a different name).

There are afew pretty bland tracks but on the whole a good album!

I cant get on with it very dull and repetitive,been a massive fan for years but this does nothing:thumbsdow

I've been listening to this today. I'm a huge MA fan and so far I have to say that it's not bad.

I think the problem is that MA's previous albums have just been so good that the newer one's (this and 100th Window) just don't live up to the likes of Blue Lines and Mezzanine. That's not to say they aren't good though.

My fav tracks on Heligoland so far are Paradise Circus (check out the Gui Boratto remix if you can as it's awesome too) and Atlas Air (which they've been playing at gigs recently under a different name).

There are afew pretty bland tracks but on the whole a good album!

Thanks guys. It was always going to be a tall order to stand shoulder to shoulder with Mezzanine, Blue Lines and Protection (my favourite).

Still looking to get hold of it. Hopefully it will grow on you both!

Mike

Thanks Curly, I've got to wait until Saturday before I can put the jury.

I just hope you're all wrong! :D

Thanks Curly, I've got to wait until Saturday before I can put the jury.

I just hope you're all wrong! :D
Had another listen again this morning, sounds better this time, I think this is going to be a grower like 100th Window was for me.

Had another listen again this morning, sounds better this time, I think this is going to be a grower like 100th Window was for me.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not a good album, just that it's not as good as Blue Lines etc. But then it was never going to be as those were some of the best albums of all time IMO!

I'd say it was pretty consistent, but the stand out tracks for me are Atlas Air, Splitting the Atom, Rush Minute and Paradise Circus. Psyche is also good although I prefer the version on the Splitting The Atom EP as the one here is abit more stripped down.

The stand out tracks are very good and the other ones I think are growers.

Definitely growing on me, just blasting out Atlas Air, the only problem is the bass, my window frames insist on vibrating in sympathy!

I'm half way though my second listen, and it's definitely sounding better. After the first listen, I was a little relieved it was over (although I did skip back to Paradise Circus for a second...and third listen). There are some real growers and will take a couple more listens for sure.

First impressions 6.5/10 but moved up to a solid 7/10. I'll need to do some more critical listening over the weekend.

I'll have to revisit Atlas Air on my main system and turn the monolith up a couple of notches to get everything rumbling! :D

it's a proper grower alright the more I listen the more I like, put it on the mp3 player and listened to it on the way to and from hospital sounded excellent with the bass turned up on the equaliser.

@Zorba_8: I want your monolith.... :)

it's a proper grower alright the more I listen the more I like, put it on the mp3 player and listened to it on the way to and from hospital sounded excellent with the bass turned up on the equaliser.

@Zorba_8: I want your monolith.... :)

Ah, Curly, I'm really starting to appreciate this album more and more. Pray for Rain, Splitting the Atom (some lovely subtle deep bass there, Flat on the Blade goes pretty deep too, but the track is just a little too off beat and disjointed for me to enjoy) and Paradise Circus.

My monolith, you'll have to prise it from my cold dead hands sir! Best £450 I've ever spent in my life and thanks to AVF. (Just don't mention the other couple of grand that AVF has cost me!! :D)

When I first listened to Heligoland it didn't really strike me as anything impressive that was until I sat down and gave it a second chance.Now I got to say for myself this an extremely Beautiful peace of music.
Great to listen to Damon Albarn's voice on the Album and (putting my head on the block here) maybe his Influence also.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom