Massive Attack Blue Lines 2012 (Nov 19)

Jon_C

Remastered (yay) and remixed (hmmm... not sure about this aspect) version of Blue Lines is due for release on November 19. 96/24 wav and flac versions will be available for download. Prices for these are as yet unspecified but the website is https://shop.emimusic.com/massiveattack/.
Various other permutations available too, including pricey deluxe edition which I think is the only way to get this on vinyl.
Excellent album. I hope they don't mess with it in whatever the 'remixing' part of the process involves. Can't wait to hear it in 96/24.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Timeless album, would love the following, but price is just too high....

£55.99
Remastered CD
Two 180g Vinyl LPs
DVD with 96K/24 bit high resolution audio files
Original Blue Lines Poster

Will keep an eye on amazon in case it drops a bit. £35 and I'd have been all over it.

Vipers

Thanks for letting us know Jon, will definitely being going for the 24/96 version when available.

What I'm really hoping for is that they give the same treatment to Mezzanine :)

OnTheFly

What an album. Every home should have one.........................

Jon_C

The 96/24 wav and flac versions now have a price beside them: £14.99! That's a fiver more than the new CD version. Can't believe they've priced a download so highly. Way to go - re-release a modern classic in high-res and then make the download 50% more expensive than the low-res physical release. Such stupid/greedy decisions will only dissuade people from high-res music and encourage piracy.

Vipers

I have to agree, it does seem a bit rich charging £15 for something with which you don't actually get anything physical to own.

It's shame the deluxe boxset is £55 as getting the Vinyl and 24bit in one package is exactly what I think more record companies should embrace to help drive sales up again, I think £30 would be a lot fairer and I'd snap a copy up straight away.

Vipers

In anticipation of the re-release of Blue Lines I thought I'd see if I could pick up a copy of Mezzanine on vinyl as I missed it when originally released so I thought I'd just do a quick search, Amazon have 2nd hand copies for £105 and £179 with Heligoland going for a cool £100 :eek: all of a sudden the £55 remastered edition of Blue Lines with 24bit dvd doesn't sound that expensive after all :)

Stirling1978

In anticipation of the re-release of Blue Lines I thought I'd see if I could pick up a copy of Mezzanine on vinyl as I missed it when originally released so I thought I'd just do a quick search, Amazon have 2nd hand copies for £105 and £179 with Heligoland going for a cool £100 :eek: all of a sudden the £55 remastered edition of Blue Lines with 24bit dvd doesn't sound that expensive after all :)
Try Discogs, copies of Mezzanine on vinyl starting from £40.

Still a lot, but more reasonable.

Vipers

Try Discogs, copies of Mezzanine on vinyl starting from £40.

Still a lot, but more reasonable.
Thanks Stirling1978, I'll check it out but I'm quietly hoping for a re-release along the lines of this one for Mezzanine.

Has anyone bought the Deluxe copy yet of Blue Lines? I'm very tempted I have to say.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom