Mass Effect praise thread

JamesP1701

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've just about finished another run through of Mass Effect 3 and felt the need to share what an amazing series of games they all are.

I've never enjoyed a series quite as much, or felt as wrapped up in the story. For me it is as close to being in a movie as I've felt. It's also the only game I've ever she'd a tear at due to the well written characters and excellent dialogue.

Wondered what peoples' experiences of the games have been.

I absolutely loved the series too and played them through 3 times. Great narrative, super production, engaging script/dialogue topped off with an awesome soundtrack. The gameplay was wonderfully fused between third person shooter and RPG. There was a tremendous backlash from the player community about the ending but I felt it was a fantastic end...although I played it after a directors cut ending was patched on so I never played the original ending. But players still complained about the new cut too and I just simply dont feel the same way, it was perfect for me.

I am also an amateur astronomer so it was very cool to be exploring the galaxy :)

I am looking forward to a completely new journey in the new Mass Effect game set in the Andromeda galaxy.

ME2 was my favourite game out of the Trilogy, the soundtrack was amazing also Loved the Suicide mission and soundtrack.

ME2 was certainly the best of the trilogy (and how about that DLC Shadow Broker...best DLC ever!) but I personally loved the soundtrack of ME3 by far, which had a more rich orchestral backup with superb choir interjections. So many great tracks for which I frequently listen to on my day to day movies soundtrack dominated playlists.

This exhilaratingly epic "Reaper Chase" for instance just pumps the adrenaline and grandeur heorics

Another epic track "I'm Sorry"

"The Future of the Krogan" track is a delightfully haunting reflection of a troubled but fiercely proud warrior race as it starts hauntingly then picks up a crescendo of defiance.

Then this one which totally prepares me for an epic battle! "The Fleets Arrive"

This awesome track brings in the familiar cyber digital (John Carpenter-esque) sounds of the first two games but enriched with an orchestral shell.

This track encapsulates the more subtle "human" side of the game
Mass Effect 3 Soundtrack - I Was Lost Without You (Sam Hulick)

This was the most poignant for me (sad moment.."I'm proud of you")
Mass Effect 3 Soundtrack - I'm Proud Of You

Finally, this one gets to the real soul of the story.
Clint Mansell - An End, Once And For All.

I think what you've all said about the soundtrack hits the nail on the head: it was just perfect for the game and absolutely transported me to this universe in a way that no other Sci fi series has ever done.

Just gutted that we won't get a remastered version on xbox one/ps4.

Don't like RPG's however I've fancied this for years with the whole space theme and it being guns rather than swords

Thanks to BC on Xbox one finally had my chance and took it. Completed Mass Effect 1 last night and I have to say its one of the best games I've ever played. Didn't get bored throughout and haven't been able to put it down. Sitting at work thinking about playing it etc

Going to crack on with a few games then hit ME2 (Though I did have a cheeky start and load up the second to import character...and I thought I'd switch from soldier to Vanguard).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom