Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Xbox One Title)

Cha1ky

Outstanding Member
Reaction score

Happy N7 Day!
by Author -Casey Hudson - VP, Studio GM of BioWare - Posted onNovember 7, 2020
It’s tough keeping a big secret (and we really struggled to keep this one a surprise) but now it’s official: today we announced the Mass Effect Legendary Edition! We’ve heard (for years!) your requests for a Mass Effect remaster, so we’re super happy to finally reveal that we’ve been working on a remastered edition of the Mass Effect trilogy.

MassEffect-LE_Key-Art_16x9_RGB-1024x576.jpg

For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It’s been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements. As game developers, we always hope that our games will transcend their original platforms. Having the opportunity to remaster the trilogy means that the fruits of a decade of our work will live on, and will be experienced better and clearer than ever before.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!
Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. We are in early stages on the project and can’t say any more just yet, but we’re looking forward to sharing our vision for where we’ll be going next.

mud-skipper-1024x515.jpg

For me personally, Mass Effect represents years of work and countless special memories, so every year I feel incredibly fortunate to celebrate N7 Day with players around the world. Thank you so much for supporting us over the years. I can’t wait to continue our adventure together – revisiting our favorite memories in the Mass Effect universe, and creating brand new ones!
Casey

Last edited:
Certainly wouldn’t say no to playing through the Trilogy again and if it’s 60fps with a nice visual upgrade that would be most welcome.

so this wont be getting a specific series X version its a xbox one game backwards compatible

That is ok with me, will still benefit from the extra power and load speeds, running at 4K/60fps with the remastered graphics will be very tasty.

I completed me1 and me2. Didn't play the third.

I enjoyed the format of 1 more than 2, but 1 had really clunky shooting mechanics. 2 was much better at that. But I thought 2 was a bit pokemon. Collect all the characters and do their special missions. A bit too formulaic for me. Felt like a bit of a design cop out. It put me off playing 3.

Do you think they will upgrade 1 to have the gun mechanics of 2 to bring them all up to the same technical level?

Yeah if its not a full on PS5 version i'm not sure i'm going to bother. Great games but a lick of paint probably just isnt enough for me to do it all over again.

I enjoyed the format of 1 more than 2, but 1 had really clunky shooting mechanics. 2 was much better at that. But I thought 2 was a bit pokemon. Collect all the characters and do their special missions. A bit too formulaic for me. Felt like a bit of a design cop out. It put me off playing 3.

Do you think they will upgrade 1 to have the gun mechanics of 2 to bring them all up to the same technical level?
Sounds like the shooting mechanics have been improved.

Same boat here too - I think I played the ME3 demo but never bought and played through 3. Didn't it come out towards the end of the 360 generation? I think I already had plans to jump straight onto the Xbox One at that stage

Same boat here too - I think I played the ME3 demo but never bought and played through 3. Didn't it come out towards the end of the 360 generation? I think I already had plans to jump straight onto the Xbox One at that stage
Came out March 2012 so 20 months before the Xbox One

now i dont think its actually 4k60fps i think its a 4k quality mode or a 60fps performance mode not both as its an xbox one game not a series x game

That is ok with me, will still benefit from the extra power and load speeds, running at 4K/60fps with the remastered graphics will be very tasty.
now i dont think its actually 4k60fps i think its a 4k quality mode or a 60fps performance mode not both as its an xbox one game not a series x game

Yea saw that last night, seems like the 60fps performance mode is only on PS5/Series X consoles so while not specifically Optimised for X it will be using the extra power to offer more than just the backwards compatible version similar to Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Came out March 2012 so 20 months before the Xbox One

Ahh ok...in that case I probably held off buying on release with a view to getting cheaper later down the line...then the Xbox One landed and just moved over to that. Something like that. I didn't play it anyway, that's for certain. I think the ending controversy (don't know the specifics so no spoilers!) put me off at the time as well.

Definitely up for this remaster though!

Finished Mass Effect Andromeda last night and now my anticipation for these is at a high.

I enjoyed Andromeda more than I was expecting, it’s not up there with the trilogy but it has wet my expectations in preparation to play them again.

Andromedas an ok game just not a good mas effect game. The made it an ubisoft fest of repetition and map icon clearing

I am sure playing through it now is a far better experience than it was on launch when I played it, those facial animations o_O

Sounds like Xbox is the place to play this when it arrives, it's the only console that will hit 120FPS (admittedly at 1440p) in framerate mode. Interestingly they seem to think the series s will hit 1440p 60FPS in frame rate mode or 4K 30 in quality mode, which is seriously impressive for the lower console and rivals the ps5 in frame rate mode on paper.

Things have changed a fair bit then because above it was reported as going to be 4K/30fps or 1080p/60fps so upping it too 4K/60fps and 1440p/120fps sounds like quite the upgrade, guess we have the FPS Boost option to thank for that.

I’ll take the 4K 60, it’s a game where I’m spending half the time talking to folk, watching cutscenes or running around the Citadel, It’s hardly bullet hell stuff so I’d take the resolution over the ultra responsiveness of 120 in this instance.

I’ll take the 4K 60, it’s a game where I’m spending half the time talking to folk, watching cutscenes or running around the Citadel, It’s hardly bullet hell stuff so I’d take the resolution over the ultra responsiveness of 120 in this instance.
haha you are probably right but I will still give it a try.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom