• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member

Happy N7 Day!
by Author -Casey Hudson - VP, Studio GM of BioWare - Posted onNovember 7, 2020
It’s tough keeping a big secret (and we really struggled to keep this one a surprise) but now it’s official: today we announced the Mass Effect Legendary Edition! We’ve heard (for years!) your requests for a Mass Effect remaster, so we’re super happy to finally reveal that we’ve been working on a remastered edition of the Mass Effect trilogy.

For many months now, our team at BioWare has been hard at work updating the textures, shaders, models, effects, and technical features of three enormous games. Our goal was not to remake or reimagine the original games, but to modernize the experience so that fans and new players can experience the original work in its best possible form. It’s been amazing to see the adventures of Commander Shepard take on new life in super-sharp resolution, faster framerates, and beautiful visual enhancements. As game developers, we always hope that our games will transcend their original platforms. Having the opportunity to remaster the trilogy means that the fruits of a decade of our work will live on, and will be experienced better and clearer than ever before.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3, plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD. It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. More information to come in the new year!
Meanwhile here at BioWare, a veteran team has been hard at work envisioning the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe. We are in early stages on the project and can’t say any more just yet, but we’re looking forward to sharing our vision for where we’ll be going next.

For me personally, Mass Effect represents years of work and countless special memories, so every year I feel incredibly fortunate to celebrate N7 Day with players around the world. Thank you so much for supporting us over the years. I can’t wait to continue our adventure together – revisiting our favorite memories in the Mass Effect universe, and creating brand new ones!
Casey

Last edited:

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Superb. 2021 release means it'll have been long enough since I played through them that I won't remember too much when I play through again.

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Will have to see just how much of an improvement they do before thinking about getting this having played them originally.

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
Im all over this my favourite games of all time completed many many times

shame the multiplayer isnt going to be included

FevreDream

I only really enjoyed ME2, and that's the only one I'd be interested in replaying. Doubt they'll also release them individually though.

TheAdmiralCS

Not really ME:LE related but the teaser dropped for the new game.
I'm almost certain thats Liara at the end!
Not going to lie, I have a massive smile on my face after seeing it!

TheAdmiralCS

Something has been wrong since they got rid of Drew Karpyshyn. That was a bad move. These guys just leaving now just puts more nails in the coffin. We'll see how it gets on, I guess :)

shaolin kid

I know it might not be popular opinion but I really didn't like the gunplay in ME1 but loved the game so I stuck with it and I'd love it they could update it the latter games style but that's never going to happen

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
I know it might not be popular opinion but I really didn't like the gunplay in ME1 but loved the game so I stuck with it and I'd love it they could update it the latter games style but that's never going to happen
I love mass effect 1 my favourite mas effect game and i agree with you the gunplay is just something that youve got to tolerate but the rest of what the game has to offer more than makes up for it.

fingers crossed they do something about it because if that comes out in this day and age with gunplay like that it will get crucified in reviews and people will just skip me1 and go straight to 2 or will stop playing all together

TheAdmiralCS

I love mass effect 1 my favourite mas effect game and i agree with you the gunplay is just something that youve got to tolerate but the rest of what the game has to offer more than makes up for it.

fingers crossed they do something about it because if that comes out in this day and age with gunplay like that it will get crucified in reviews and people will just skip me1 and go straight to 2 or will stop playing all together
It's not a remake, so I imagine the game will be the same but with shinier graphics. No issue for me, ME1 is more of an RPG than ME2 and 3, and I love it

Big Starbuck

I think Bioware has to use the same engine they used for ME2 and 3. The gameplay of the first will turn most people away before they get the chance to experience the second and third games. 🙈

onebelo

Might be my most anticipated game this, next-gen stuff included. Mass Effect 1 is one of my favourites of all time so I'm really looking forward to seeing it all shiny and upgraded. Maybe I'll change my mind on the sequels upon replay

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom