Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Xbox One Title)

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Really enjoying this now - properly sucked me in! Just finished Feros last night, so I'll do a bit of side quests and stuff around the galaxy before heading to Virmire.

The adjustments they've made to in-game economies are nice (XP and credits) - seem to remember it took a long time to level up and get decent money originally but no probs this time around. I'm levelling up quickly, with loads of new gear and credits.

As much as I am enjoying it, I'm looking forward to getting onto ME2. Can't remember too much about it, other than being very much about doing side quests to recruit people for a big mission at the end.

Not played ME3 at all either so plenty to look forward to!

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
The adjustments they've made to in-game economies are nice (XP and credits) - seem to remember it took a long time to level up and get decent money originally but no probs this time around. I'm levelling up quickly, with loads of new gear and credits.

In the old game you would reach level 50 in one playthrough where it was capped until a second playthrough you could also get 1,000,000+ credits in one playthrough in the original

when i imported my me1 save to start me2 it said i was level 55 so its pretty much running the old levelling system in the back ground.

Booker DeWITT

I'm really enjoying being back on Mass Effect, been years since I last played this game. Almost feel like I'm playing it again for the first time. Really liking the photo mode as well.

E2FfQrpWUAk71EI

E2Ff43OXsAMOPwX

E2EC8GLWYAEH2i6

E2EC8w9XEAE9N_M

E2EC9lqXsAAt0xq

E2EC-Q8WYAEucEv

rowedav

Distinguished Member
I'm really enjoying being back on Mass Effect, been years since I last played this game. Almost feel like I'm playing it again for the first time. Really liking the photo mode as well.

E2FfQrpWUAk71EI

E2Ff43OXsAMOPwX

E2EC8GLWYAEH2i6

E2EC8w9XEAE9N_M

E2EC9lqXsAAt0xq

E2EC-Q8WYAEucEv

Same boat here, although I've not spent much time on photo mode. It's a nice addition, as your pics above prove. Some great shots there :smashin:

I'm approaching the end of ME1, next destination being Ilos, though I'll probably do a few more side quests before I start that.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Completed Mass Effect last night. What an epic finale, totally forgot how good it is. Funnily enough, I think I made pretty much all the same choices as I did when I originally played it back in 2007.

I gave it a couple of hours and then started on ME2.

Now, I've played through it before, but when I think back, I really just remember the game for the structure being around assembling your team.

Having started it again, straight on from ME with all the decisions made fresh in the memory, it's so much more than that. The jump in polish and overall production value is immense. The world-building, the writing - again; it's top, top quality.

The direction they take with Cerberus (hinted at a fair bit in the 1st game with numerous side quests), the Lazarus project and how that all plays out is fantastic. Plenty of fan service as well. A great start to the game - I can't wait to play more! The added bonus of the remake treatment and the integration of the DLC is the cherry on top.

Booker DeWITT

Finished Mass Effect 1 yesterday, felt like I enjoyed it more than the first time I played it. Seems like in ME2, it's easier to get some renegade points by mistake, some dialogue I thought were good, was actually bad. Also, I only just got used to not pressing the reload button in ME1, now I have to remember to reload lol.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
As much as I am enjoying it, I'm looking forward to getting onto ME2. Can't remember too much about it, other than being very much about doing side quests to recruit people for a big mission at the end.

I've definitely done ME2 a disservice here. It's a lot more than doing side quests, and the amount of content is quite staggering (admittedly I'm seeing all the DLC integrated too) and the level of polish is fantastic. I've put in a load of time and have only just managed to recruit all the team members. Then there are side assignments and loyalty missions, plus the core missions to tackle. I kinda don't want it to end. At least I have ME3 to follow.

If anyone is on the fence about this Legendary edition, I'd highly recommend you pick it up. Talk about value for money!

shoestring25

Distinguished Member
divisive opinion here but mass effect 2 is my least favourite of the trilogy as theres actually very little story in it only 5 collector missions

rowedav

Distinguished Member
Finished ME2 this morning. Managed to complete the final mission with all squad surviving. Can’t remember how it went down when I finished it originally but definitely lost a few! Thought I’d keep everyone alive to see how that carries over to ME3 so I did use a guide. Didn’t realise how complex it was in terms of how it worked out who lived and who didn’t!

Onto number 3…

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom