Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4 Title)

I loved Mass Effect 1 back in the day.

The reviews for this are very positive, it sounds like they've done a good job.
For some reason I didn't play ME2, then heard number 3 was a bit of a letdown. I might pick this up when it goes cheaper, but not sure when I'll get to actually play them lol!

I loved Mass Effect 1 back in the day.

The reviews for this are very positive, it sounds like they've done a good job.
For some reason I didn't play ME2, then heard number 3 was a bit of a letdown. I might pick this up when it goes cheaper, but not sure when I'll get to actually play them lol!
ME2 is one of my favourite games of all time, ME3 isn't as good but I still really enjoyed it. So odd, that I last played Mass Effect 2 around 10 years ago and still remember the characters, locations and music. Can't think of any story games I've got that sort of memory of, usually I play, enjoy, move on and forget.

Edit: that's my paradox with this game. It's still all so familiar I'm not sure I want to really play it again yet, even though I love it.

I generally play mass effect trilogy every year and have 100% it on xbox and PlayStation with probably double figures playthroughs so to say ive been looking forward to it would be an understatement

been playing this got a problem with the sound on ps4 with dolby digital it outputs all the speech through the rear speakers and even the subwoofer. theres alot of people having the same problem so hopefully they will patch it. had to switch to lpcm stereo

Is this worth it? I have never played it before? What games would you say it is similar to?

Just watched the DF video.
Wasn’t the 360 version an amazing looking game? It still looks better than the series x in places, the character models and lighting look better in some scenes at least.
It’s not a ps5 game so no 120 ha mode and that’s probably why it’s not quite as good as the x version.
S on the other hand can’t even maintain 30 fps in quality mode so they really shouldn’t have bothered with 4k for that one IMO.

Digital foundry the most important thing no mention in the entire video that the sound mix is completely screwed up on PlayStation, technical analysis really how do you miss that ?

Also their install size measurements are wrong. The original xbox 360 install size on 360 with dlc totals 48Gb not 23Gb as quoted

Digital foundry the most important thing no mention in the entire video that the sound mix is completely screwed up on PlayStation, technical analysis really how do you miss that ?

Also their install size measurements are wrong. The original xbox 360 install size on 360 with dlc totals 48Gb not 23Gb as quoted

Do you mean the obnoxious LOUD gun shots on the PS4 (a.k.a. PS5) version? If so then I agree that there's something wrong with the audio because even reducing the Sound Effects volume to 75% still doesn't stop them from sounding deafening.

Been looking at the Trophy list. There's only 11 Trophies, that are spread across all 3 games, and no Platinum?! What's all that about, the original games all had more Trophies and Platinums. :confused:

Been looking at the Trophy list. There's only 11 Trophies, that are spread across all 3 games, and no Platinum?! What's all that about, the original games all had more Trophies and Platinums. :confused:
That's a separate list for the insanity difficulty trophies and a few others. Each game has its own list with a platinum then those extras ones.

That's a separate list for the insanity difficulty trophies and a few others. Each game has its own list with a platinum then those extras ones.

Oh, OK. I was just looking at this list.

Oh, OK. I was just looking at this list.

Seems they've put each game separate on that site and not under the legendary edition. You can see each game if searching Mass Effect.

Loving playing through this again. I thought the sound issue was my tv! Only the the Tv a day before and I have tweaking the equaliser to get the voices right.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom