Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4 Title)

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
For a remaster not a remake i think the improvements to mass effect 1 are great and more than i was expecting and 4k60fps with me2 and me3 will be good as well.

The problem is unless your a fan alot of people wont have played mass effect 1 for probably close to a decade and will remember it looking batter than it does so the changes wont seem very noticeable

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
I'd of 100% been in if it was a remake and not a remaster for PS4.

Loved the games previously but not enough to play them all again pretty much the same as what they were on a PS4/PS5 Back Compat.

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
I'd of 100% been in if it was a remake and not a remaster for PS4.

Loved the games previously but not enough to play them all again pretty much the same as what they were on a PS4/PS5 Back Compat.
Right?

I mean, my 360 is still plugged in and the trilogy is in the box right next to it. It wasn't that long ago that I did a full run through...okay, maybe like 3 years. Either way, there is nowhere near enough difference here for me to fork out coins for it.

Plus, they didn't pure delete the MAKO from ME1 - missed opportunity, chumps!

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
I will get it but not at launch as i never buy games at launch as they are buggy and prices drop like a stone nowdays. But it will be nice to replay the trilogy at 4k60fps with all the DLC in one place. Theres like £30 worth of dlc in there

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
I fancy playing through the whole lot again, but won't be buying until it's about £30.

Plus I'm totally hooked on NMS at the moment, so getting my space fix through that, even though it's more of a chill game than a gripping story.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
I fancy playing through the whole lot again, but won't be buying until it's about £30.

Plus I'm totally hooked on NMS at the moment, so getting my space fix through that, even though it's more of a chill game than a gripping story.
Just got the Plat on it on PS5. Did the Expedition too. Get some great loot for that.

TheAdmiralCS

Distinguished Member
Plus, they didn't pure delete the MAKO from ME1 - missed opportunity, chumps!
Only the n00bs moan about the Mako. The l33t crew KNOW how to drive it ;)

I'm looking forward to it on PC, but I've been spoiled with 4K mods and gameplay tweaks for years from nexusmods so I'm cautious about how "good" it'll be.
I guess once the modders get their hands on it though, it'll be just as good as what I'm used to

HRL

It’s £34.99 on CDKeys for the PC version.

Having never played any ME game before, I’m tempted to pick this up but on PC rather than full price on the PS5.

darklight

I was planning to wait for a couple of months for the inevitable price drop but I read over in the Bluray.com forums that there will be further PS5 enhancements in the new year (not sure of the poster's source though). Think I'll hold off until at least next year until I hear what they are

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
I was planning to wait for a couple of months for the inevitable price drop but I read over in the Bluray.com forums that there will be further PS5 enhancements in the new year (not sure of the poster's source though). Think I'll hold off until at least next year until I hear what they are
I think the poster on bluray.com is frankly wrong

I very much doubt it will as bioware have stated it wont be getting a ps5 series x version its a ps4 xbox one game running via backwards compatibility with frame rate improvements and load times for new consoles thats it.

Its to do with that the game is still running in unreal engine 3 an old engine from the xbox ps3 days

Last edited:

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
The new trophy lists shows quite alot of changes so now looks like 3 easy platinums. You dont need to play through each game on insanity difficulty for the platinums and mass effect 1 does require multiple playthroughs to level up and get the squad mate trophies,. and me 3 does t require 5000 kills

TheAdmiralCS

Distinguished Member
The new trophy lists shows quite alot of changes so now looks like 3 easy platinums. You dont need to play through each game on insanity difficulty for the platinums and mass effect 1 does require multiple playthroughs to level up and get the squad mate trophies,. and me 3 does t require 5000 kills
I think they missed a trick here. They should have removed the squadmate ones and kept Insanity! I loved my insanity playthroughs even though I was extremely close to destroying my controller on numerous occasions :D

Beezy

I think they missed a trick here. They should have removed the squadmate ones and kept Insanity! I loved my insanity playthroughs even though I was extremely close to destroying my controller on numerous occasions :D
Looks like they've grouped the insanity difficulty trophies for all 3 game into its own list which is good. Can still get the platinums for each game then have the option of doing the harder runs.

Quite tempted to get this on release for some weekend space action.

Lurking Lawyer

Distinguished Member
Interesting point about the Insanity trophies. I'd been looking at it on Xbox and there's just one list for all three games, including the three Insanity achievements (which I'll never be bothered to get).

On this occasion, my completionist OCD may make it better to play it on PS5 and just settle for the Platinum but not 100% completion :D

Beezy

Had a quick look at reviews and sounds like they've done a good job on this. I decided to finish off a few other games before buying so can get properly stuck in.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

BBC licence fee to be scrapped in 2027
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for February 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches ZEN One Signature DAC
  • By Andy Bassett