Mass Effect: how many times are you going to play this game

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by meweavy, Jan 15, 2008.

1. meweavy

meweavy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,278
    im playing through on my first run..im about 25 hours in with level up 35..im playing as a soldier.

but seeing as the replay factor on this game seems never ending,what with playing as different classes..
    and also playing through as either a paragon(good cop:D)which is how im playing now..

or renegade(bad cop:eek:)..

i was wondering how many times can you replay this game..
    next time i think im going to play as someone with biotic powers and play it on the harder level and play as renegade..

also this game is the best game i have played so far on the 360..its brilliant..even better then r6v imo..(which was the best game ive played on the 360).

2. Mark Botwright

Mark Botwright
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,341
    I'm in virtually the exact same situation as you. I chose soldier not realising that it precludes you from using biotic powers. I've also stuck with being a goody two shoes. :rolleyes:

I'll definitely give it another run through perhaps skipping most of the side missions but utilising the biotic powers as much as possible. Seeing the other members of my party using them makes me annoyed that i can't. They are certainly reminiscent of KOTOR and someting i want to at least try.

I've found myself switching weapons so that i can get the achievements for 150 kills with each. Having started doing this, i certainly would like to also get the lift, warp etc achievements as well.

3. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +943
    Just completed my first play through, which I thoroughly enjoyed. However, I'm going to leave it a while before I go back to it for a second run through. Might get a bit repetative doing the exact same missions again, especially after playing my first game for 35 hours! This time I'll play as a soldier though, definately want to use more guns! Only just the pistol annoyed me, I wanted the shotgun!

Coming from playing mostly FPS games, with only a little dabble previously in RPG, I found that I tended to use the guns a lot more than I used me powers. Although I can imagine this would change on harder difficulties (Just played on the game on the NORMAL setting). I would love to go for the reach level 60 achievement, but after reaching level 50 in my first play through, I think I'd much rather play as a soldier and change my back story etc. I can imagineyour back story really makes a difference to the game - everyone kept talking about how I was a bastard for leaving my men to die :rolleyes: It would have been nice to be the good guy!

4. meweavy

meweavy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,278

youre playing the complete opposite to me..im playing as soldier and im playing the nice guy..

the only weapon i tend to use is the assault rifle..ive not even touched the pistol and strangely enough,the sniper rifle has hardly been touched neither..which i normally love to use in other games ive played..

the next time will be as a biotec who has a bit of an attitude i think..

although i think i,ll give cod4 a go next and come back to it later.

5. nick501

nick501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +782
    give the pistol a go. it's awsome!

I hardly used the sniper rifle either, never seemed to need it.

6. meweavy

meweavy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,278
    ok i,m going to play it in a minute so i,ll give the pistol a go.i need to level up a bit more on the pistol mind.

7. Mullet94

Mullet94

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I've just started my third playthorugh with my original characther. Trying to get the level 60 achievment with him, currently level 58 but these last few levels need a lot of xp. He's a soldier so when I get to level 60 I'm gonna start a new characther to get the biotic or engineer achivements. Still enjoying the game but not sure if I'll last enough playthroughs to get all 1000, but we'll see.

8. PaulieBeef

PaulieBeef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    What level were you at when you finished your first playthrough? I got to lvl 50 first time around, and thought it would be a breeze getting up to 60 - but man, there are huge amounts of XP required to level up once you're in the 50's:eek:Don't know if i'll even make it in this playthrough...

9. Mark Botwright

Mark Botwright
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,341
    I'm pretty gutted i didn't get to level 50 in my first playthrough given that i did virtually every side mission. The only ones i had left to complete were finding a couple of minerals, medallions and writings.

Still, at least it gives me even more reason to play it through again. :thumbsup:

10. Mullet94

Mullet94

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I made it to 48 on my first play through, on my third play through now and I'm level 59 and just need under 100,000 xp to 60, I'll think I'll make it this time round as I've still got Feros, Noveria and Vimire to do and some side quest left as well.

11. p9ul

p9ul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +780
    this might sound bad but I'm playing my 4th, 5th & 6th concurrently...

4th is with my rank 58 Soldier on Insane
    5th is with a Adept trying to get 2 biotic achievements (warp & singularity)
    6th is with an engineer trying to get another 2 biotic achievements (AI hacking & damping)

starting to get a bit bored now...

12. LiFo

LiFo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I want to play this through again, and have started to, doing the complete opposite of what i did the 1st time, (things don't change that much ) but i cant stomach driving that fricking mako again, ruins the game imho.

13. durera

durera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,132
    #1: Mean ass Soldier lady .. lvl 48 .. normal
    #2: Goody two-shoes Vanguard bloke .. lvl 48 ... hardcore

#3: short play through as an adept to get the use biotic power x times achievements and unlock them as usable on future characters .. normal
    #4: short playthrough as an engineer to get the use tech power x times achievements and unlock them as usable on future characters .. normal

After these playthroughs I spent literally hours deciding what power to add to my next character now that they were all available :)

#5: a remake of my favourite character (#1), but with the added ability Warp .. insanity, abandoned, returned to normal
    #6: when new DLC content is added I plan to return to character #5, on insanity, and experience all the new DLC with her.

#7: Not sure there'll be a 7th playthrough, unless there's a hell of a lot of DLC added. I will probably return to the game shortly before Mass Effect 2 to refresh my memory of the plot lines etc too.

14. Ico.

Ico.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +498
    That is some organised tactics durera.:smashin: