Mass Effect bugs/glitches (spoilers)

kav

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Have come across a couple of annoying bugs in the game, just interested to see if anyone else has picked up on any.

Noveria
The "traditional" way to get the pass to leave Port Hanshan seems to be to go and speak to Lorik, do a side-mission or two for him, and then receive the pass. However, you can also get it by ratting out the shopkeeper guy and handing over his smuggled item to Anoleis. In this case Anoleis himself gives you a pass.

Bug: If you do the latter before speaking to Lorik, you never get the opportunity to do his side-missions, and you get left with an "incomplete" main mission in your journal which states "Go and speak to Lorik to get the pass" or words to that (mass) effect.

Really annoying, and it meant I missed out on doing most of the Noveria side-missions, including taking advantage of the glitch to max out my paragon and renegade status! :mad:

Not too bothered though because I am definitely going to be replaying this game.

Feros
After speaking with Fai Dan, you get several objectives: sorting out food, water and power, and clearing the tunnels of Geth. I'm a bit of an XP whore, so sometimes I tell my team to hang back so I can take out all the enemies myself and get the max possible XP. (I don't know if it actually makes a difference, ie if I get more XP by killing them myself then by having my teammates help, but I do it anyway...)

Bug: Anyway, I completed the food, water and power side-missions with no problems, but when I went in to destroy the Geth transmission device, I left my team hanging back in the tunnels. I then killed off all the Geth and destroyed the device by myself, but no "Journal update" sign came up. I checked the Journal, which still said "There are Geth in the tunnels, make sure you kill them all to help the people trapped in Zhu's Hope", or something like that.

I then spent the next hour wandering all over the place, but no Geth - I definitely killed them all, but the progression to say "Complete" never unlocked. I suspect this is something to do with not having my team with me while I did it, but I can't be sure.

Again, pretty annoying, but not the end of the world. I just hate that I now have two items in my journal that I am going to have marked as incomplete.

Anyone else had problems like this, or any other bugs/glitches?

Not encountered any of these problems and I've played through the game almost 3 times now.

I had a similar problem with the Water Restoration mission. I ran around and switched on the three (???) water thingies, and the next part of the mission was "Go back and tell someone at Zhu's Hope that the water is back on" or words to that (Mass) effect.

However, following the little ! marker on the map lead me to somewhere where nobody was standing. After about an hour wandering around, I remembered that I shot one of the people (in the bit where you use the knockout gas) - of all the people I could have made taste bullet, I think it was the one who would complete the water mission.

All in, that's not a major problem, but I did wish the journal would recognise that the person I needed to speak to had been shot :suicide:

Bug: Anyway, I completed the food, water and power side-missions with no problems, but when I went in to destroy the Geth transmission device, I left my team hanging back in the tunnels. I then killed off all the Geth and destroyed the device by myself, but no "Journal update" sign came up. I checked the Journal, which still said "There are Geth in the tunnels, make sure you kill them all to help the people trapped in Zhu's Hope", or something like that.

I then spent the next hour wandering all over the place, but no Geth - I definitely killed them all, but the progression to say "Complete" never unlocked. I suspect this is something to do with not having my team with me while I did it, but I can't be sure.

Exact same thing happened to me on my 2nd playthrough, hoss - I had to go back about 2 or 3 saves and do it again.

Bah, perhaps an update will fix these little issues.

I think a patch to sort out the frame rate should be their top priority - it's the most significant detraction in the game IMO.

found loads of bugs.

SPOILERS!!!!

1: I get stuck on mountains whilst snipering. Just cannot move.

2: Cannot get back into the mako. The "A" button symbol is missing.

3: Got stuck on a crate which the mako landed on after a spectacular jump

4: Killed a guys wife on feros and couldn't tell him about the meat.

5: Soveriegn Saren just freezes during the final battle. I end up having to batter him over the head to win.

6: All charcacters facing the wrong way during conversations so you see them looking in a strange direction, or not at all!

This is like proper PC gaming!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom