Mass Effect: Andromeda (23/03/17)

TheBunkDontSwim

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Rumours doing the rounds this morning that the next game in the series will be called Mass Effect: Contact

Rumor: New Mass Effect Is Mass Effect: Contact - GameSided - A Video Game news, rumors, and gamer/gaming site

I'm hoping this doesnt refer to the first contact war as I really dont want the game to be prequel.
Info is seriously scarce at the moment, here a summary fro reddit on what little info is known so far....

''CONFIRMED - WHAT WE KNOW
  • (27 Mar 13) The next Mass Effect game will run on EA's Frostbite 3 engine, which will also appear in Dragon Age: Inquisition - BioWare's next game. Source
  • (12 Nov 12) BioWare Montreal (the team that worked on Mass Effect 3's Mulitplayer and Mass Effect 3: Omega DLC) is developing the next Mass Effect, but Casey Hudson remains as Executive Producer. Source
  • (13 Oct 13) The next Mass Effect game will NOT feature Commander Shepard nor will it continue his/her story. BioWare stand strong in the belief that Shepard's story is over. Source
  • (7 Nov 13) Five photos were released by BioWare which are believed to show the Montreal team working on the next Mass Effect game. Image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4 Image 5
  • (8 Dec 13) BioWare GM Aaryn Flynn tweeted saying that he hopes more info regarding the next Mass Effect will come "sometime in 2014". Source
  • (18 Dec 13) BioWare GM Aaryn Flynn tweeted saying that he played a portion of the next Mass Effect game; suggesting that at least one level is currently being tested. Source
  • (28 Jan 14) BioWare Cinematic Director Ken Thain tweeted saying that the first motion capture session for the next Mass Effect is underway. Source''
The Next Mass Effect Mega-thread - FAQ + Everything we know so far! : masseffect

Hopefully there will be some solid info at E3. Its my favourite series of games, cannot wait for more details.

Contact? Hmm don't know how I feel about that, like you said could mean a prequel.

Contact? Hmm don't know how I feel about that, like you said could mean a prequel.

Having thought about it I have doubts about it being a prequel focused around the First Contact War. It would mean the game would be told from a soley human perspective which would mean no alien or AI squadmates. Cant see them going for that, wouldnt be popular within the community.

I'm hoping it is set a far way into the future after the end of ME3, allowing for the various problems caused with the Mass Relays etc after the Reaper War to have been resolved.

Last edited:
Something wrong with the existing thread ;)
The other one smelt funny. This one is nicer :p

prequel focused around the First Contact War. It would mean the game would be told from a soley human perspective which would mean no alien or AI squadmates. Cant see them going for that, wouldnt be popular within the community.

Easier time writing a prequel; but i'd not be happy, i like my blue-boobies with tentacles :lease:

Better story arc would.be a wider exploration of the milky way post the events of ME3. It's implied that a very low percentage of the galaxy is explored and that the mass relays may be more extensive than we have experienced.

But the entire mass relay network was the weapon,don't see how they can just say " oh but some survived" either way, prequel/ sequel.... I'll be buying :)

I bet this game(what ever it may be called) is 18 months away at least

I don't care if it's a prequal or see 1000 years after,as long as it's made by the same team who done mass effect and will be based around mass effect,then I will definitely buy it.
I enjoyed all the mass effect games,even the last one.

Damn just realised this is all they showed at e3, i got my hopes up :-(

They were never going to show much: sell Dragon Age, and dont take away from its hype.
Once that launches, only then will they start giving more MEx details

October 2015 if you believe the recent "leaked on Amazon" stories for Mass Effect 4

I myself found the roaming and planet scanning tedious and thought they tightened things up through 2 to 3,made things more focused. I don't know about a parallel timeline story.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom