Mass Effect 3 **PLEASE USE SPOILERS**

I can't remember the last time I used a k/m. Pad all the way for me especially for 3rd person games. :)

Running through me1&2 again and wondered if someone could confirm something

In me1, none of the DLC or side missions really have any relevance moving forward into me2. In me2 shadow broker and arrival are key pieces in the overall it going forward?

Just don't want to miss anything key but also can't be arsed doing all the non important side missions again!

In me2 shadow broker and arrival are key pieces in the overall it going forward?

Just don't want to miss anything key but also can't be arsed doing all the non important side missions again!

Yeh those from ME2 will alter the course of ME3, how liara is with you and the shadow broker as well as having the extra person on your crew. As far as dlc goes theyre the only major carry forwards.

Thought so, never actually played those 2 before so looking forward to it

Thought so, never actually played those 2 before so looking forward to it

Dont forget the loyalty side missions for your crew and to not take anyone on the last mission with you whose unhappy with you otherwise they'll end up dead, took me a second playthrough to save everyone but its worth it

edit: and remember to get the ship upgrades for the normandy, guns shield etc :), ive never gone through the omega 4 mass relay without them but i cant imagine it would be a pretty end result

If I loved pads that much, I'd just be a gaming only on consoles. It'd be a lot less hassle. PC games just aren't going to be guaranteed proper pad support like a console. Like it or not, the market for armchair PC gamers just isn't big enough for all the devs to care.

Gaming on pads is slow and cramped anyway, much like the general experience of gaming on a console (see what I did there? :devil:).

wolvers said:
If I loved pads that much, I'd just be a gaming only on consoles. It'd be a lot less hassle. PC games just aren't going to be guaranteed proper pad support like a console. Like it or not, the market for armchair PC gamers just isn't big enough for all the devs to care.

Gaming on pads is slow and cramped anyway, much like the general experience of gaming on a console (see what I did there? :devil:).

But there is no logic that I can see for Bioware not supporting pads. We are not talking some small indie release or a release hidden away by a publisher that wants the game to bomb. This is a major release, and the fact the a developer has the nerve to say "we didn't have time to do it" whilst working on chargeable day one dlc is pretty lousy.

If people want the pc games market to grow and evolve then this kind of cow dung has to stop.

Yes I totally agree with that last statement, making gaming on a PC simpler will attract console gamers and help it to grow. Unfortunately, like I said, it's because you're in such a minority. Armchair PC gaming is such a small market, tiny really. The fact that it was so obviously low down on their list of priorities says it all really.

wolvers said:
If I loved pads that much, I'd just be a gaming only on consoles.

Why mate? Most pc games these days have full pad support, it's pretty much a basic standard just as AA OR AF settings are. For me the whole beauty of pc gaming is the flexibility and choice of how a game looks and plays. :)

IMO there is no excuse for leaving pad support out of a AAA Multi-platform game released in 2012. I find it very disappointing and frustrating it has been excluded once again. :(

Yes I totally agree with that last statement, making gaming on a PC simpler will attract console gamers and help it to grow. Unfortunately, like I said, it's because you're in such a minority. Armchair PC gaming is such a small market, tiny really. The fact that it was so obviously low down on their list of priorities says it all really.

Yet games such as Skyrim, Saints Row etc support controllers natively, odd for such a tiny market. ;)

No native controller support for ME3 is baffling.

Dunno, I just think you're in a minority. It's pretty rare that you get PC gamers caring that much about pad support, this forum being a bit of an exception I think because there's more people that have PC's in the living room. It's nice that you've got plenty of games that are bothering, but still the majority of PC gamers sit at a desk in front of a monitor with a KB&M (although I know that people still use pads in that situation). Either way, ME3 will still be a massive hit on PC without pad support.

Chox1988 said:
Dont forget the loyalty side missions for your crew and to not take anyone on the last mission with you whose unhappy with you otherwise they'll end up dead, took me a second playthrough to save everyone but its worth it

edit: and remember to get the ship upgrades for the normandy, guns shield etc :), ive never gone through the omega 4 mass relay without them but i cant imagine it would be a pretty end result

Aye, will complete all that, saved everyone on first play through but not from an me1 save, wanted that in the equation to see how it all pans out in this :)

Yip I sit at a desk and use a pad. I hate having to use a keyboard and mouse.

What boggles me is that these games are made with the console being the main seller. So why on Earth isnt the coding for the controller brought across with the all the other coding?

wolvers said:
Dunno, I just think you're in a minority. It's pretty rare that you get PC gamers caring that much about pad support, this forum being a bit of an exception I think because there's more people that have PC's in the living room. It's nice that you've got plenty of games that are bothering, but still the majority of PC gamers sit at a desk in front of a monitor with a KB&M (although I know that people still use pads in that situation). Either way, ME3 will still be a massive hit on PC without pad support.

I don't doubt you are right but I find it strange that something that is easily sorted for the console releases are left out of the pc release. If pc gaming wants to have a broader appeal and therefore greater sales, surely all of of its constituent parts should be looked after.

ME2 was a game that played out largely as a third person game and as more of a shooter, it is surprising that it was ignored by Bioware then. Further, given that the demo seems to have continued this trait a lack of controller support seams odd. But you are right of course, ME3 will be massive and rightly so as it looks great, it's just such a shame that controller support is ignored.

Last edited:

I see it a little bit differently to you, but I now understand where your coming from. :)

I know a fair few K/M pc gamers that prefer to use the pad for 3rd person games and use a desk/monitor setup. A pad just works better for these types of games. I can only think of a few games that over the last few years have had no pad support on the pc. I think that pad support must be used a fair bit otherwise it wouldn't be implemented in nearly all games bar RTS games. The pad seems fairly much accepted on the pc for certain types of games ie 3rd person, platform games and racers. I accept that many die hard pc gamers dont like the pad for first person shooters or RTS. :)

Surely pad support for this game wouldn't be hard at all considering its a multi platform game and as chalkywhyte says the leading platform for this game is a console. To me it just seems lazy and a short sighted moves by the devs. Sure it will sell by the bucket load but I know a few people that have cancelled their pre-order due to day one DLC and no pad support. Even if this is a small fraction of their sales surely it will mount up to more than what it would cost to add in pad support? :)

I don't doubt you are right but I find it strange that something that is easily sorted for the console releases are left out of the pc release. If pc gaming wants to have a broader appeal and therefore greater sales, surely all of of its constituent parts should be looked after.

Hi Jack. I know your pretty new to pc gaming but most pc games have pad support these days and have done for many years.

I totally agree with you when you say this move from Bioware is surprising and I really do hope Bioware patch in pad support.

Razor said:
Hi Jack. I know your pretty new to pc gaming but most pc games have pad support these days and have done for many years.

I totally agree with you when you say this move from Bioware is surprising and I really do hope Bioware patch in pad support.

That's the baffling part. The fact one of the biggest cross platform releases of the year ships without pad support is quite damaging I think. Most of the games I own have pad support. Skyrim, saints row, just cause, dead space 2. Even BF3 works mostly with it. Syndicate also works well. I know people have tried with xpadder with ME2, but I really can't see why the 360 version of ME3 will obviously use it but they wouldn't include it in the pc version. Bizarre.

Last edited:
has any bioware game had naive pad support ? DA & DA2 didnt

True. I think you might of have nailed it mate. Bioware don't know how to code pad support for the pc. :D

Well I managed to get ME2's suicide mission finished last night and got everyone to survive which is a much better result than on my Xbox play through. :blush:

I even had two members not loyal (Jack and Zaeed) but I didn't pick them for any of the tasks and they got through fine.

Really can't wait for this to arrive now.

I see it a little bit differently to you, but I now understand where your coming from. :)

Yeah, don't get me wrong I'm not against it but I just think it's lower down on a dev's list of priorities for a PC game. I have to say that I'd agree with that too. As someone who loves gaming on PC, there's other things that I would prefer to see devs spend their time on. Higher res textures and generally better graphics that properly take advantage of our hardware, mod/dev tools, proper support for really high resolutions, in game AA/AF that works properly and is fully customizable and above all fixing all the stupid bugs so that games are released in a more polished state rather than patching it later because the internet is awash with criticism. :suicide: I think if PC gamers were polled, these are the kinds of things that they would want devs to do over native game pad support. Not everyone, but I feel most would.

wolvers said:
Yeah, don't get me wrong I'm not against it but I just think it's lower down on a dev's list of priorities for a PC game. I have to say that I'd agree with that too. As someone who loves gaming on PC, there's other things that I would prefer to see devs spend their time on. Higher res textures and generally better graphics that properly take advantage of our hardware, mod/dev tools, proper support for really high resolutions, in game AA/AF that works properly and is fully customizable and above all fixing all the stupid bugs so that games are released in a more polished state rather than patching it later because the internet is awash with criticism. :suicide: I think if PC gamers were polled, these are the kinds of things that they would want devs to do over native game pad support. Not everyone, but I feel most would.

I totally agree about areas where you would like to see an improvement. :)

I think the reason why everyone here is so shocked and disappointed is that pad support should be a quick and easy thing to implement. If small indie companies can do it and apps like pinnacle or xpadder can do it then surely a AAA game can add it into their game. Mapping keystrokes to a pad and adding in a bit of aim assist shouldn't be hard for pro dev team especially when it has to be done for other platforms.

It does look like bioware have no interest in providing any pad support for any of their games which in the industry they are in is not the norm and goes against what every other gamer maker is providing. I think it's a short sighted view of the pc games market and they will loose sales because of it.

Probably a long shot, but if I've played the first two games on 360, is there any way I will be able to import my character to the PC for ME3?

If not, then between this and the lack of pad support, I'll probably just buy it on the 360.

kav said:
Probably a long shot, but if I've played the first two games on 360, is there any way I will be able to import my character to the PC for ME3?

If not, then between this and the lack of pad support, I'll probably just buy it on the 360.

No but there is a site that can form a character save for you out of certain choices in me1/me2. I think lostfanboy might have that link.

Unfortunately not mate which is why I have been playing through both of them again.

There are loads of saves here though. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom