Mass Effect 2: Play & Help Thread

Billy Goodgun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all those of you [insert choice expletive] lucky enough to get this ahead of release date, get talking! Questions, opinions, comments, observations welcome.

Please make sure you post any plot or other critical elements in spoiler tags!

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

I havent got it yet but i have a question. If youve got no ME1 save game do you get to choose at the start of the game whether...

[Spoiler ahead]
Ashley is dead? I HATE her! :mad:

No choice.

And she wasn't dead on either of my playthroughs so far

God the spoiler tag thing is rubbish on here. :D

I'm undecided whether to start from scratch or use my ME1 save.

Any advice welcome as I'd rather not play as the class I used before but I'd rather try and do the game in one run-through...

Got Mass Effect 2 in my hands, With its sexy limited edition box brushed metal with gloss pictures on it, and its sexy Cerberus network box, and sexy book and card and sexy Commander Shepard, I mean sexy female space aliens :rolleyes:

While I have a level 60 Shepard, I am using my level 40 first. Seeing how it was my first ME save game.

What would be the benefits to installing this on the hard drive? just faster loading times if any? ive only got 50GB left at the moment:p

Only? How I wish I wasn't limited to a 20GB with 9 Gig free, Faster load times and no noise from a spinning disk I think

heh, i upgraded to the hdmi elite about 1.5 years ago now, i transferred my data from my 20gb drive and im still no where near filling it up, ive not deleted anything since i got the xbox 360 at launch :eek:

I've only used 4Gig in 4 years most of which is saves/slash game updates, I haveen't upgraded as im still using SD TV or a monitor using VGA

How many discs is ME2 on? I was reading a review at lunchtime (a PC mag BTW) and it specifically said " installation discs" - ie, plural...

How many discs is ME2 on? I was reading a review at lunchtime (a PC mag BTW) and it specifically said " installation discs" - ie, plural...

For xbox 360 it comes on 2 discs.

Use your ME1 save if you're interested in seeing the results of some of the choices you made in the first game.

Gutted, Just went to play it to discover that the plastic clips holding the games in place are all broken, and have trashed all the bonus DVD and Disk 1, Can't get it replaced since you were ment to pre-order it to get it apparently :mad:

Not happy.

Gutted, Just went to play it to discover that the plastic clips holding the games in place are all broken, and have trashed all the bonus DVD and Disk 1, Can't get it replaced since you were ment to pre-order it to get it apparently :mad:

Not happy.

Why not contact the manufacturer to express your disappointment? As you have a LE version, that would be my first port of call if the LE was no longer available.

Any advice welcome as I'd rather not play as the class I used before but I'd rather try and do the game in one run-through...

If you start with a level 60 character from ME1 you will start ME2 with that character at level 5.

One achievement is to play the game twice or play once using an imported character from ME1.
So if you intend to do one run-through you are going to have to use an import.

Has anyone played and completed Mass Effect Galaxy for the iPhone? I have completed it and it says that my reward is waiting for me in Mass Effect 2 but I can't see a download to it anywhere.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I havent got it yet but i have a question. If youve got no ME1 save game do you get to choose at the start of the game whether...

[Spoiler ahead]
Ashley is dead? I HATE her! :mad:

Mine's waiting for me at home but from what I could see of the start of the game from the preview...
(commence spoiler)
The games picks for you which one is alive. It assumes you chose the love interest so Ashley is alive if you're male, that drip Kaiden if you're female. Personally I was playing as a woman and didn't put any potential love interest before the fate of the galaxy. I had no hesitation in sacrificing Kaiden after he turned down the offer of a threesome with Liara and Doris

My girlfriend is awesome. She's offered to drive me to my local Tesco to pick up a copy and some beer at midnight tonight, what a legend.

Rang the store and they confirmed they are selling from midnight on, so anyone else its worth checking if you don't fancy waiting till tomorrow.

Does anyone know what the price will be at Asda or Morrisons over the weekend? I'm gutted that I missed the £30 offers that were around a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone pre-order with play and got their code for the terminus armour yet?

whats this game all about? is it a shooter?

its an RPG with combat elements that involve shooting and some tech powers. I have to say having played this game today, the shooting and combat has been massively improved over the first game. The cover and targeting system now has a feel similar to GTA IV and Gears of War, its extremely satisfying.

The game itself is nothing short of awesome, totally immersive and atmospheric like nothing I ever played before, it feels like a sequel to a film thats had its budget multiplied (think alien vs aliens, or terminator vs T2, the originals are classics but its that rare case of the sequel nailing the first) this game grips from the opening set peice.

P.S. anyone having issues with save file transfer from their first game, I had no files detected and the same was true for a mate I have in the US?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Game/Gamestation are doing any trade in deals tomorrow? I've got Assassins Creed 2 and a few others to trade. Really really want to get it but am short on funds lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom