Mary Shelley's Frankenstein 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

finally put this in to watch, and i'm getting a constant flashing brightness change, is this a fault?
panasonic DB820 through an E6 tv. comes up "dolbyvision" when i put the disc in, if that means owt.

TIA
Seems to be, I had to switch Dolby vision off on the player and watch it in hdr10 to get it to stop flashing. Going to try and contact Arrow tomorrow.

yeah, thanks for the replies everyone. i did a firmware update and on a quick rewatch it seems to have cured the flashy bits i saw previously, so hopefully settle down and watch the whole thing tonight.
not sure what causes the issue, had flashbacks to the macrovision copy-protection on films :-D

Always check your 4K UHD players and 4K TV's for Firmware updates before you contact 4K UHD/Blu-ray labels or distributors about their releases in regards to playback issues

Often it's the 4K UHD Player or the 4K TV itself that is causing playback issues and not the Disc itself
This can easily be seen if consumers are reporting other brands of 4K UHD players or 4K TV's does not have the same playback issue with a 4K UHD or Blu-ray Disc release

Sometimes Video or Sound issues can be the disc itself that has problems and not the hardware but just don't assume everytime that it's the disc itself that is the problem

The purpose of 4K UHD players and 4K TV's firmware updates is to fix video/sound issues or improve other hardware issues

Some firmware updates can happen after a 4K UHD or Blu-ray Disc release when consumers report playback issues of those disc releases to manufacture of hardware

For those that don't check their hardware for firmware update you should be doing this every month at least and better if you check to see if there are any firmaware updates available every week

If you concerned about doing a firmware update there are lots of web forums that provide feedback on firmware updates as in issues they fix or any problems noticed after doing a update

Last edited:
superb disc. working my way through the bonus features, pretty good docus on it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom