Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)

New in-game images have appeared after puddlegate. :laugh:

e15384e.jpg

I've always found Spider man games lacking in puddle girth. I thought this game was going to change all that, but alas, turns out the E3 promo was just one big tease..

I've always found Spider man games lacking in puddle girth. I thought this game was going to change all that, but alas, turns out the E3 promo was just one big tease..
:D

Photo mode confirmed, that'll make up for reduced puddle sizes :D

I've said it before and i'll say it again, modern gamers are a arsey bunch. So spoilt and so annoying.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, modern gamers are a arsey bunch. So spoilt and so annoying.
I agree! I've been gaming since i was about 7 or 8 i'm now 43, so i've seen all types of games. This generation of games are definitely the best yet! It can only get better!

Game just tried to take payment for my CE but Halifax blocked it, now I'm trying to get them to reattempt it after approving the transaction, but the rep claims it'll automatically try again tomorrow. Is that true? I don't want to risk losing the preorder.

Game just tried to take payment for my CE but Halifax blocked it, now I'm trying to get them to reattempt it after approving the transaction, but the rep claims it'll automatically try again tomorrow. Is that true? I don't want to risk losing the preorder.

If you've told the bank it's a legit payment they'll mark it as such so when Game call for it again it won't get blocked.

If you've told the bank it's a legit payment they'll mark it as such so when Game call for it again it won't get blocked.

Yeah I confirmed it was legit and they told me to ask Game to retry. I'm just hoping they actually do retry tomorrow and not sit on it for 48 hours until they decide to cancel it. I'd change to PayPal (ultimately the same source) but i don't want to mess up the whole order

Oh yeah! Just received this from Smyths:
Thank you for placing you order with Smyths Toys Superstores

We can confirm that your order has been dispatched from our warehouse.

Fingers crossed it gets to me a day or two early!

Marvel's Spider-Man

Surprise surprise, Metro Game Central are the lowest scoring site- They love to be controversial don't they. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the side missions are better fleshed out than the ones in Second Son..

Well, I may have got the wrong dev team, but sounds like the side quests and open world traits are the only downside. The main story and game play sound cracking :smashin: There's possibly a bit of open world fatigue atm, especially with reviewers playing games for a living, but averaging around 90% reviews and the obligatory 8.X from IGN, looking good..

Last edited:
Well, I may have got the wrong dev team, but sounds like the side quests and open world traits are the only downside. The main story and game play sound cracking :smashin: There's possibly a bit of open world fatigue atm, especially with reviewers playing games for a living, but averaging around 90% reviews and the obligatory 8.X from IGN, looking good..

Yeah it's looking good, side quests were not really that strong in the Batman Arkham games and this looks just as good as them.

Yeah xboners have been on damage control ever since it went gold, they've been clambering on the downgrade train in desperation, now its been proven to be false they are suicidal.

His reviews are usually spot on.

There's me thinking AVF Members were finally above all this and then you read stupid comments like this. Well done sir!

There's me thinking AVF Members were finally above all this and then you read stupid comments like this. Well done sir!

Just like to clarify that i'm referring to a certain type of gamer and not meant as a sweeping generalisation.

As I've mentioned before, this game was the sole reason for me switching sides and grabbing a PS4.

Is this going to look good on my new OLED even though I'm playing it on a Slim and not a Pro?

As I've mentioned before, this game was the sole reason for me switching sides and grabbing a PS4.

Is this going to look good on my new OLED even though I'm playing it on a Slim and not a Pro?

According to Digital foundry the answer is yes although of course it would look better on a pro.

Check out their Video Analysis of it

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom