Quantcast

Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)

GhostRider17

It's also been confirmed that web swinging is physics based which means if there is nothing for a web to attach to you fall until there is.

It sounds promising, however, I'm not getting too excited until we see some real city traversal.

There are still so many unanswered questions about the web-swinging. Is it just purely physics based or is it also skill based as well, like PS2 SM2.

Don't get me wrong, I will be buying this day one because in Insomniac I trust. BUT, the web-swinging needs to be perfect for this to be the definitive Spider-Man game.
I agree,the web slinging in Spiderman 2 is yet to be beaten. I actually played through it again a couple of years ago (finally beat dr octopus at the end) and the combat was pretty shoddy but the swinging was still awesome. The open world spidey games since have tried but didnt come close. The Spiderman 3 game for 360 had "OK" swinging from what i remember,Ultimate Spiderman for ps2 was very basic.

Moving on to the last two Spiderman movie games,the first one had a great feeling of being up high with the camera being so close to spidey but the webs attached to thin air which was rubbish. The second movie game fixed it and i actually enjoyed the web slinging in that one with being able to use either hand to shoot a line,just a shame they were both rushed out in time for the films,the second had an especially rushed feeling. Shame because Beenox showed some great talent in their games but were let down by time contraints.

I really cant see Insomniac copying the Spidey 2 style swinging,im expecting it to be a bit simpler to be honest.

Really looking forward to this game,wonder if theyll be a nice collectors edition?

Barry_

My god, the graphics look amazing!! This is a big exclusive being PS4 only!!

paul1979

whens it out?

BMox81

Distinguished Member
This could be the game that gets me buying a PS4.

Rob F1UK

GhostRider17

So far only GAME in the UK.
I just saw that it was only from GAME earlier today. Really annoying how they seem to grab all the rights to some of the collectors editions but I've never had a problem with them either.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
I'd like this in VR :smashin: imaging swinging and swooping through the buildings, moves for web-shooting, waggle to punch etc.