Marvel's Loki (Disney +) Season 2

Unfortunately the credits are extremely long on the Disney + shows, I think they are about 12-14 minutes or so on Wandavision.
Down to 6 minutes on this (45 min first ep), looks like they’ve trimmed out the foreign credits.

Not gonna lie, my enthusiasm for Marvel has really waned lately and I wasn't especially excited for this, even during the first ten minutes. However it didn't take long for me to get into this. What was strong about the episode for me was the dialogue. Really enjoyed Owen Wilson in this too.

One thing that niggled though, why is Loki so easy to overpower physically? He's half asgardian, half Frost giant, so he ought to have super-strength? Presumably the TVA are all regular humans, since all the signage is in modern English.

This made me wonder how they'll keep it fresh if Loki is tied to the TVA (as their puppet of sorts) and not bore. All this unchangeable destiny makes for a drag unless Loki works out how to break that by degree with some multi option, as it were, and a way to alter what happens with his mother - as that really broke him.
It certainly showed promise, once they actually let Loki be, well, Loki more. There's only so much they can tie a character down before it becomes too much of a broken dog.

^^^

The TVA stripped Loki of his magic so I assume his strength too

^^^

Doesn't really work because; they'd have to ascribe some arbitrary level and, as they're all prisoners, surely you'd make them weaker still than the human contingent.

^^^

Isn't strength intrinsic to Asgardians though? Like when Gamora notes that Thor's muscles are like 'metal fibres'? I don't think its magic at play. Don't forget what Hulk did to Loki in Avengers: a normal human would have been turned to salsa by a pummelling like that.

I'm not saying magic is linked to his strength going just that TVA have found a way to subdue him, maybe via the collar?

I'm not saying magic is linked to his strength going just that TVA have found a way to subdue him, maybe via the collar?
The rules of the universe clearly don't apply to the TVA so anything goes, if Infinity Stones are pretty paperweights then someone having their nature strength eliminated doesn't really appear on my radar (and I didn't think of it whilst watching it)

The avengers were ripping all through time in "Endgame", why were they not apprehended by the TVA?

The avengers were ripping all through time in "Endgame", why were they not apprehended by the TVA?
They have a Hulk 🤣
154ADCDB-AD35-49B0-8FC0-E9FE686C882F.gif

Last edited:
That was literally addressed in the episode lol

It was but made no sense.
What is there not to understand? their time travelling was deemed necessary in order to bring back half of the life in the universal, Loki's little jaunt was a side affect of their actions and would have eventually lead to more deaths and trouble so was deemed a variant and the TVA acted accordingly.

If you take what they said about the one sacred timeline then it makes even more sense due to what Doctor Strange said in Infinity War about out of the millions of possible futures there was only one in which they won so if we take that ‘one’ as the sacred timeline then the TVA had to let the avengers time travel to preserve the sacred timeline.

Last edited:
What is there not to understand? their time travelling was deemed necessary in order to bring back half of the life in the universal, Loki's little jaunt was a side affect of their actions and would have eventually lead to more deaths and trouble so was deemed a variant and the TVA acted accordingly.

If you take what they said about the one sacred timeline then it makes even more sense due to what Doctor Strange said in Infinity War about out of the millions of possible futures there was only one in which they won so if we take that ‘one’ as the sacred timeline then the TVA had to let the avengers time travel to preserve the sacred timeline.
Cap literally went back and changed the timeline by living with Peggy.

Not gonna lie, my enthusiasm for Marvel has really waned lately and I wasn't especially excited for this, even during the first ten minutes. However it didn't take long for me to get into this. What was strong about the episode for me was the dialogue. Really enjoyed Owen Wilson in this too.

One thing that niggled though, why is Loki so easy to overpower physically? He's half asgardian, half Frost giant, so he ought to have super-strength? Presumably the TVA are all regular humans, since all the signage is in modern English.

he's not half asgardian though - he may have been brought upby asgardians, and lived there, but he's all frost giant with a frosty mum n dad... doesnt really resolve the issue because i'd still put frost giants a hell of a lot stronger than humans so i guess that leaves us at square 1.. :D

he's not half asgardian though - he may have been brought upby asgardians, and lived there, but he's all frost giant with a frosty mum n dad... doesnt really resolve the issue because i'd still put frost giants a hell of a lot stronger than humans so i guess that leaves us at square 1.. :D
Id say no, they put the restraint on him before he could react and that restrainer has all sorts of tech on it even being from other realms de-powers Loki.
Also invulnérable to damage is different to strength although he does have super strength 5 times that of Spider-Man.

Id say no, they put the restraint on him before he could react and that restrainer has all sorts of tech on it even being from other realms de-powers Loki.
Also invulnérable to damage is different to strength although he does have super strength 5 times that of Spider-Man.

yeah probably leaving us at square one was wrong in terms of the rules at TVA as clearly they have their own... i was just being an absolute pedantic geek arse over loki's parentage. :D

I'm wondering 2 things and hope it does happen that Loki
in some way can reverse some timelines that his foster mum does not die and nor does he, and really by helping them prunes a bad branch we seen and really meant to be like the Endgame.

Cap literally went back and changed the timeline by living with Peggy.
See the best explanation I subscribe to for that, works for this show too.

1. There is only one timeline - as established in Endgame
2. If you mess with the timeline, you can’t change it, you just spin-off a divergent timeline, but that can have dire ramifications, e.g cause unravelling of multiverses/dimensions
3. That is why the Infinity Gems needed to go back to when they were taken, so the divergent timeline is closed/cutoff and reset
4. When Cap created his own divergent timeline in which he could live his life with Peggy he already effectively healed/stopped the timeline, when he came back to give the Shield to Sam moments after he left, so the one true timeline was again healed. Effectively the time-traveller is the constant, the minute he came back everything that happened in his alternate timeline happened to him, but otherwise everything in the main timeline was never changed either, other than he is now in this timeline as an old man, albeit he has experiences and memories of living fully in 2 timelines.
5. So the TVA exist to try and preserve the one true timeline. They are effectively the maintenance, repair crew because even the best designed and engineered machine can go wrong, especially if powerful beings mess with it, and cause an ‘anomaly’.
6. They say the Avengers messing was meant to happen, so they did not need to intervene because there was a plan to reset heal any divergent timeline issues by returning the stones at the end. But Loki taking the Tesseract was an anomaly, he knew what it was and how to use it, and would have had no intention or trust to heal the divergent timeline created when he took it. That’s why the TVA had to step in to immediately shut down the anomaly.

So that’s why I think nothing in Loki in first episode creates any discontinuity or undoes anything that came before.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom