Marvel's Loki (Disney +) Spring 2021

The_Wierd

I really enjoyed the show right up to the last one, then they fluffed the landing. Probably an important episode in terms of the future of the MCU, but long-winded exposition was a terrible way to convey the information. If that had been a mid season cliff hanger with a short break I could understand it, but as a true season finale, it was very unsatisfying. In fact even the “twist” itself wasn’t especially interesting.

Joe C

Some corrections to a lot of what's been said

Majors is playing Immortus here, the quirky but ultimately good variant. He's now dead having warned his death will release the evil versions of him - that's where Kang comes in, who Majors is playing in AM3

The statues in the timeline Loki ended up in was Kang - different get up to what Majors wore as Immortus

richp007

Distinguished Member
My view is it's some of MCU's best and most interesting work, you can tell they had a particular pitch from the writers and show runner to do something interesting with the character, and they really went for it.

I have it above Wanda Vision, just on the fact that the first few episodes of the Scarlet Witch-led show are pure set-up, you couldn't ever watch them again now that you know what the gag is, especially with that sort of pastiche of classic US TV styles but it was great I guess, in its own way.

I just need to know if the lovely Agatha is in it? :lease:

scrowe

Distinguished Member
Loved the finale and the whole series. Smart, vibrant, fun. Shame Kate Herron isn’t returning for S2.
Well she did only have one goal, which she achieved.

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
I've just finished watching the final episode of this. Its funny, witty, exciting and an excellent finish for the first season. Jonathan Majors was/is a revelation.

I think (personal opinion only) that the upcoming Marvel movies will be based almost solely on the events that happened in this series i.e. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Unlike DC, these Marvel writers really have got their sh*t together as up to now each new movie has been like reading a new chapter in the same book.

9/10

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
Wow that was average. Loki nothing like his mischievous cinematic equivalent. No feeling of peril at any time like a mediocre episode of Doctor Who. Loki reduced to following Sylvie around like a lost puppy for a good chunk of it. Hopefully we'll see the real Loki on the big screen once again, perhaps with the great Doctor Strange.

SDMDAM

I agree with many of the comments on here, for a series that is supposed to be about Loki, he was a bit player really and nothing like the god of mischief we have come to know and love. I also felt that not knowing the characters whilst watching this show was an issue. Other than Loki, I had no idea who the other characters were so I was neither up nor down about any of them. And the reveal at the end meant zero to me tbh. A miss for me.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
I'm rewatching Agents of Shield with my eldest, and I have to say that Seasons 2 and 3 are light years ahead of any of these new shows. A crying shame but WandaVision's been the only half decent one so far.

I'm sure Loki has major consequences for the MCU but I just couldn't have cared less. The comment earlier about the Matrix 2 and The Architect was spot on, that was a right bore fest as well.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
AoS is Marvels best show ;) :smashin:
I'm rewatching Agents of Shield with my eldest, and I have to say that Seasons 2 and 3 are light years ahead of any of these new shows. A crying shame but WandaVision's been the only half decent one so far.

I'm sure Loki has major consequences for the MCU but I just couldn't have cared less. The comment earlier about the Matrix 2 and The Architect was spot on, that was a right bore fest as well.

Agents is underrated

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Smart Start offer grants access to premium TV apps