Marvel's Avengers Endgame (2019)

Rate it

• Total voters
The bit about

Time travel

JUST before they talk about spoilers. Admittedly, grasping at straws though!

The bit about

Time travel

JUST before they talk about spoilers. Admittedly, grasping at straws though!

There has been talk about parts of the film taking place during the first Avengers film so I think time travel is a given.

Time travel
in films has always been a big fear of mine. So rarely do they get it right. Can potentially mess things up horribly.

X-Men tried it, and even though I really enjoyed Days of Future Past it really did cock up the
timeline
!!

Time travel
in films has always been a big fear of mine. So rarely do they get it right. Can potentially mess things up horribly.

X-Men tried it, and even though I really enjoyed Days of Future Past it really did cock up the
timeline
!!
I thought they got it sorted in that film but think Age of Apocalypse and the coming Dark Phoenix could screw that up big time if not very careful. Although I think there was a scene in Wolverine Origins with Professor X that was not right.

I thought they got it sorted in that film but think Age of Apocalypse and the coming Dark Phoenix could screw that up big time if not very careful. Although I think there was a scene in Wolverine Origins with Professor X that was not right.

I think you and I discussed it in some detail when it was released. Days of Future Past cocked something up with the original X-Men timeline, that if I remember correctly meant X2 couldn't happen the way it did. I'd have to look at it all again :facepalm:

I'm sure even the writer admitted that it couldn't fit, but everything got swept under the carpet once Apocalypse came along. As everyone was too busy then slating that!! :laugh:

I think you and I discussed it in some detail when it was released. Days of Future Past cocked something up with the original X-Men timeline, that if I remember correctly meant X2 couldn't happen the way it did. I'd have to look at it all again :facepalm:

I'm sure even the writer admitted that it couldn't fit, but everything got swept under the carpet once Apocalypse came along. As everyone was too busy then slating that!! :laugh:
I think although DOFP did not show why X2 would be different I think it had to be a given that something had drastically changed which not only altered X2 and more so X3 and can be seen it had even bigger implications between the start and I surmise the end outcome
as the sentinels are abandoned and Trask gets jailed.

reportedly the trailer may not reveal the title
what if you might have to see it in cinemas first, title's bond to leak before release.

I think although DOFP did not show why X2 would be different I think it had to be a given that something had drastically changed which not only altered X2 and more so X3 and can be seen it had even bigger implications between the start and I surmise the end outcome
as the sentinels are abandoned and Trask gets jailed.

I remembered before when I was having a Pot Noodle. (They help me think :D)

It was when
Mystique poses as Stryker at the end, and helps Wolverine, which means in one timeline at least he wouldn't have been caught and the subject of the project. Therefore no Adamantium.

However, the writers said there were no alternate timelines in the vein of what Star Trek did, and it was Logan's mind that returned to his body in the future. Therefore in some ways DOFP can be disregarded in the overall timeline, consistent with where we ended up in Logan.

Basically as I suggested above, it's a minefield and needs to be trodden on very carefully. Fingers crossed the Russo boys have had it all planned out a long time in advance.

Last edited:
fixed it for you mate. you pick me up for less ;)

It was when Mystique poses as Stryker at the end, and helps Wolverine
, which means in one timeline at least he wouldn't have been caught and the subject of the project. Therefore no Adamantium.

However, the writers said there were no alternate timelines in the vein of what Star Trek did, and it was Logan's mind that returned to his body in the future. Therefore in some ways DOFP can be disregarded in the overall timeline, consistent with where we ended up in Logan.

Basically as I suggested above, it's a minefield and needs to be trodden on very carefully. Fingers crossed the Russo boys have had it all planned out a long time in advance.

It was when Mystique poses as Stryker at the end, and helps Wolverine, which means in one timeline at least he wouldn't have been caught and the subject of the project. Therefore no Adamantium.

Could Logan either be a tale from the original timeline
but if it was, was it not stopped in DOFP
or a What If story.
Also in DOFP
Logan's mind was returned to the spot in the future in time when he was sent back and was surprised to see Scott and Jean to still be alive. So something stoped X2 or it was resoled different in X3

spoilers obviously

just a snippet of videos on the timelines

Last edited:
spoilers obviously

just a snippet of videos on the timelines

To me that more or less what I thought and think I said and reading into it that the timeline was altered.

Dt0b2FtU8AEioSz.jpg

Last edited:
Time for a title change 'Avengers: Endgame'

Nice :thumbsup:

However I would consider the very last segment a wee bit of a spoiler (pertaining to how we're gonna get the 50% back).

I'd cut it off when the title is revealed - if you're worried about that sort of thing.

Nice :thumbsup:

However I would consider the very last segment a wee bit of a spoiler (pertaining to how we're gonna get the 50% back).

I'd cut it off when the title is revealed - if you're worried about that sort of thing.

Is it a spoiler? Pretty obvious if you had watched the last Ant man film.

I have to say, I don't really get the Russos being as cagey as they were over the title reveal. It spoils nothing, and is a little on the generic sounding if I'm honest. Still cant wait for the final product though.

Is it a spoiler? Pretty obvious if you had watched the last Ant man film.

I haven't.... :D

What I mean is though they make a point of showing
Ant Man as one of the perished, but then have him back at the end.

Not a big thing, doesn't bother me at all. But just wanted to help others incase seeing that might annoy them :thumbsup:

I haven't.... :D

What I mean is though they make a point of showing
Ant Man as one of the perished, but then have him back at the end.

Not a big thing, doesn't bother me at all. But just wanted to help others incase seeing that might annoy them :thumbsup:

I think that is because they
just assumed he had gone because he had disappeared, but as per the end of the last Ant Man we all know where he was. It's just that they didn't, which is why the comment about 'is this a recording' when they are watching the camera.

It is a spoiler because
because in the Ant Man and the Wasp credit scene you see that Scott is trapped in the quantum realm but obviously he got out. Which is a spoiler and big clue to a potential solution to the snap

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom