Martin Logan 35XTi

mickbirch2000

I would like to hear from anyone who has heard or is currently listening to music via Martin Logan 35XTi speakers. I currently have Dali Rubicon 2s used with a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 & a REL sub, I am loving music Streaming/CDs/SACDs etc , the resolution, detail I hear is on another level, I am very happy.

BUT

Many years ago I heard a vinyl set up thro Quad electrostatic speakers & have never forgotten how violins in particular sounded so wonderful, that lingering memory has recently sparked my interest in Martin Logan speakers for obvious reasons but even the smallest hybrid electrostatic is too big/expensive for me.
That is why the Motion 35XTi is intriguing me, how much of that sublime electrostatic treble response is the much smaller 35XTi able to reproduce?
The unusual tweeter is reported to be something special, what have people who have listened to these really thought?
I am keen to know peoples impression of these please.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
You will not get ESL response from the dynamic 35XTI even with its folded motion tweeter.

The ElectroMotion ESL is not much more expensive, even the ESL X ought to be within the general budget implied by your kit list (it's no more expensive that your Lyngdorf TDAI-1120).

Otherwise, if you're set on the 35XTIs, I suggest you go and listen at your dealer to see how they compare with your Dalis.

(Quad ESL-63s, then ML Spires, never going back)

Doctors11

I would like to hear from anyone who has heard or is currently listening to music via Martin Logan 35XTi speakers. I currently have Dali Rubicon 2s used with a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 & a REL sub, I am loving music Streaming/CDs/SACDs etc , the resolution, detail I hear is on another level, I am very happy.

BUT

Many years ago I heard a vinyl set up thro Quad electrostatic speakers & have never forgotten how violins in particular sounded so wonderful, that lingering memory has recently sparked my interest in Martin Logan speakers for obvious reasons but even the smallest hybrid electrostatic is too big/expensive for me.
That is why the Motion 35XTi is intriguing me, how much of that sublime electrostatic treble response is the much smaller 35XTi able to reproduce?
The unusual tweeter is reported to be something special, what have people who have listened to these really thought?
I am keen to know peoples impression of these please.
Hi Mick. I haven't heard the Motion speakers but you might want to post your question over on avsforum.com. With Martin Logan being an American company there's probably a lot more people there who have experience with these. I'm interested in the 15i for a possible desktop set up so I'll be following your journey.

mickbirch2000

Well the 35XTi s seem to be rare beasts here.
Maybe I should've taken a look on the AVS forum, but it's finding the time.
Anyway I'm going to hear some Martin Logan Electromotion ESL Xs on Weds.
I wanted to hear the ESL s the baby of the range but dealer only has the Xs at the moment. The ESLs would just fit in the lounge with some adjustments & running with my REL sub for the bottom octaves , careful adjustment of the sub o/p level, crossover & timing then running Room Perfect on the Lyngdorf, I'm expecting something special
The dealer has asked me to take the Lyngdorf 1120 for the demo, should be interesting.

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
The ESLs would just fit in the lounge with some adjustments

The ESL is 132.3cm x 22.9cm x 41.4cm. The ESL-X is 150.3cm x 23.8cm x 52.6cm Normally height and depth is no great issue. Height because the room is the limit, depth because you need space behind an ESL panel as it radiates as much sound backwards as it does forwards.. The difference in width is minimal.

IMHO, if you have to squeeze ESLs into your room as much as you imply, you probably need to reconsider the dream of having ESLs. In any case you'll need to listen to them in-room., Your dealer will have them set up with sufficient breathing space, so you won't hear the same thing as in-home.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom