Mars Attacks! (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

Phew got my order in just in time (this morning! :censored:)... Hmm, another Stargate?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yes, some of these "Ultra Limited" releases aren't quite what they seem, just shared 4k runs by the looks of it. Expecting to see Beetlejuice and V for Vendetta show up on Amazon Germany soon.

Pics of the German version (thanks to ricster @ HDN)

Full gloss, embossed title and eyes. UK version should be identical.

Not interested in the film but the steelbook looks very impressive quality imo, way better than the mock up suggests especially the colour (which is lighter than the pics show, under normal light). Wonder how good Beetlejuice and V for Vendetta will look, very promising! :)

Attachments

• MA.jpg
    MA.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 142
  • MA(back).jpg
    MA(back).jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 134
  • MA(2).jpg
    MA(2).jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 138
  • MA(inside).jpg
    MA(inside).jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Pics of the German version (thanks to ricster @ HDN)

Full gloss, embossed title and eyes. UK version should be identical.

Not interested in the film but the steelbook looks very impressive quality imo, way better than the mock up suggests especially the colour (which is lighter than the pics show, under normal light). Wonder how good Beetlejuice and V for Vendetta will look, very promising! :)

That looks like a quality looking steel. Very eye catching. It's a shame it is wasted on a film like this, however.

It just doesn't make sense to me. Full Gloss and embossing for this but sod all for the recent Marvels?
Why isn't this work being carried out on title that are relevant?

Dispatched just now, been a month since my last steels and now got 3 coming, its all too much lol I remember when getting 3 was a light week ;)

Got an email alert to say it was back in with very limited stock, logged into Zavvi and it was sold out :(

Bugger, way too late.

Here's mine:

Attachments

• IMG_3669.JPG
    IMG_3669.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3670.JPG
    IMG_3670.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3671.JPG
    IMG_3671.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3672.JPG
    IMG_3672.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3673.JPG
    IMG_3673.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3674.JPG
    IMG_3674.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3675.JPG
    IMG_3675.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3676.JPG
    IMG_3676.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 77
Got mine this morning. Great looking Steelbook. Gloss finish, embossed main title letters on the front cover, vibrant colour tone, please keep it up Zavvi this is one of your best releases to date.

Yeah I was very impressed for 15 quid. If only other exclusives were so nice and decently priced.

Got mine this morning. Great looking Steelbook. Gloss finish, embossed main title letters on the front cover, vibrant colour tone, please keep it up Zavvi this is one of your best releases to date.
Again as in the Beeltejuice thread. Zavvi have eff all to do with the steelbook, its colours, design or production - they only sell it !!
Warner Brothers are the company that produced both Bettlejuice & Mars Attacks, Zavvi simply pay for the exclusive licence to flog it.
Online retailers like Zavvi have nothing to do with the steelbook itself except shipping it out to customers.
The clearest example of this is the case of 3 steelbooks under scrutiny this week
1) Mars Attacks - Excellent made by Warner Bros retailed by Zavvi
2) Beetlejuice - Excellent made by Warner Bros sold by Zavvi
3) Cliffhanger - Pile of absolute steaming cack made by STUDIO CANAL sold by (you guessed it) Zavvi
In other words, Warner Bros release great steelbooks (normally) , Studio Canal release Cack Steelbooks (with some notable exceptions) but in all cases, Zavvi flog them whether they are good or bad but have no control over design or quality.

Last edited:
Well truly disappointed today. Got the German edition through today and it arrived in a disgusting state and the packaging had been torn open and sealed shut again before reaching me!(that's the second time in a row I've had a package delivered from Royal Mail this week and the box was already open and the item inside damaged) the box was squashed so I was amazed to find the steelbook not dented but then saw the dreaded thick messy spine slash and a visible long scratch on the back.

And now they are out of stock of it on Amazon, so no replacements. :thumbsdow:(

A nice steelbook too, green could have been a bit brighter though.

Humm, got a call from Amazon Germany after I sent them an e-mail to ask for a replacement(first time Amazon have ever actually called me on the phone) to say that they do in fact have steelbooks in stock but it's been taken down for sale off Amazon because of various complaints about it and how it doesn't match the photo on the site(couldn't see anything wrong with it myself apart from the damage) and that they will get back to me when they have it all sorted out and will send me a replacement if they work it all out.

So fingers crossed for a replacement. :)

Epic bump Chief. What is going on at the Zavvi Towers?
I guess it's getting a release somewhere in Europe soon so there's copies from that run being made available, usually how it goes.

I guess it's getting a release somewhere in Europe soon so there's copies from that run being made available, usually how it goes.

This was released around the same time all over Europe at the time.
I didn't see announced yet but it could be shared yes (maybe Italy)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom