Married and happy?

Married and happy?

• Total voters

Mystery Man

Established Member
Reaction score
I am recently engaged, marriage has always scared me for various reasons but after being in a long term relationship and reasons factoring into that I recently made the big commitment.

Relaxing and looking at the forums I had a read in the Divorce thread (prob not a good idea!) anyway need my mind put at ease, or wake up call you decide, I ask, are you married and happy? Also, if you have been divorced has that put you off marriage forever? Interested to hear the tales from the front line!

Been through 2 divorces and a near miss, swore I would never do it again after that but met my current wife 16 years ago and been married for 12 and we are both very happy

I would say it goes something like:

Yes, yes, no, yes, yes, no, YES, YES!, no, yes, no, NO, NO!, yes, yes, yes, no...........

Don't believe it if you're told marriage is an equal partnership. I gave up my mates, my motorbike, drinking, etc... She gave up sex.

Been married about 23 years and all's good.

Happy is very subjective. I say that from personal experience.
And there were sound financial reasons in the early days for getting married. And everyone should experience all life has to offer, so it was good to have the experience.
Now, when you realise how devastating it is to get out of one, I'd be incredibly reluctant to ever again.
However, love is blind. And poor. So if it meant that much to my squeeze, I may be persuaded I guess. But with eyes wide open this time. But its a no for now.

First married when I was 21 after 3 yrs courting. Separated 15 months later (no kids), divorced 5 yrs later! Couple of relationships later, one which bore kids!, now married and it will be 25 yrs in September. Two step daughters and 5 grandchildren now, so happy now lol

Married 18 years and happy enough, we're both still here anyway :D

Married 41 years, 2 kids now grown up and fled the nest, still very much in love with my wonderful wife:love::love::love:. Sure occasionally we have the odd tiff but nothing serious.:)

I am recently engaged, marriage has always scared me for various reasons but after being in a long term relationship and reasons factoring into that I recently made the big commitment.

Relaxing and looking at the forums I had a read in the Divorce thread (prob not a good idea!) anyway need my mind put at ease, or wake up call you decide, I ask, are you married and happy? Also, if you have been divorced has that put you off marriage forever? Interested to hear the tales from the front line!

Think im the same as you on this one.

been with my other half for 9 years now got engaged last year with a view to Marry either 2017 or 18.

Like you, i've read the "divorce Thread" and the other "Wife left me Thread " and they are not very nice threads to read but still, hasn't put me off.

Married and happy?

Yes without a doubt, my girlfriend is an absolute beaut and for some reason we get on like the proverbial house on fire

*******THIS IS A JOKE*******

*******AT NO POINT IS THIS TO BE CONSIDERED SERIOUS*******

10 years next year, sometimes I want to hit her with a bat and I am sure the feeling is reciprocated.

I hate to lose an argument, she will have to divorce me!

*******THIS IS A JOKE*******

*******AT NO POINT IS THIS TO BE CONSIDERED SERIOUS*******

*******INSERT MINDLESS SMILIES HERE*******

Last edited:
10 years next year, sometimes I want to hit her with a bat and I am sure the feeling is reciprocated.

I hate to lose an argument, she will have to divorce me!
I 'think' I get what you are trying to imply but for the love of God don't publish crap like this in the public domain, should you ever get a knock on the door from the Old Bill

This forum never disappoints! I have edited the original post to account for your inability to appreciate humour!

Please edit your quote to prevent other people being as offended.

You must sit there watching TV comedies absolutely petrified!

This forum never disappoints! I have edited the original post to account for your sensibility!

Please edit your quote to prevent other people being as offended.
Other forums are available, or did I just kind of make you see sense perhaps?

Happily for 20+ years. I think there are normally points where you're financially as well as emotionally tied together but having come through that I reckon we're both still happy with our choices.

Happily for 20+ years. I think there are normally points where you're financially as well as emotionally tied together but having come through that I reckon we're both still happy with our choices.
And there's me thinking you were a playboy, lad about town with expensive fragrance addictions.....good for you!

I used the wrong word, I edited it, pick on that, it may divert attention from your obvious attempts to cause an issue.
Has a month off to watch some comedies

I had a good few years playing the field, but nothing beats the feeling of the right one. Marriage is a piece of paper, unless you've got kids then it's a necessity.

Married for 22 years and have no regrets. Having kids did make our marriage and as we get older together we still want to be together so all good.

Always going to be arguments, sad days and hard times but that's why we have beer, spare rooms, gaming pcs and rampant rabbits... only three of which I use regularly :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom