1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

marriage forces sale.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by NickBull, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For sale, one Barco Graphics 808, one Home cinema PC, on set monitor Audio speakers, one Denon amp, one pronto, one Honda Fireblade, 2 Electric Guitars, one Marhsall 100watt valve amplifier, 2 marshall speaker Cabinets, on Teac 4 track recorder, one wide screen TV, one cellar of fine wines, one rugby ball, and....

one life

Only Joking! (I hope) :devil:

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Got me

3. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it was a choice between my home cinema and Liz, it would be a very close call. :devil: :D

4. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Nick
    between u and me if would be easier to pick up a new woman than go through setting all that lot up again !!:D :D :D

regards

richard

5. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Luckily we already bought the house and have no intentions of moving. It's big enough to house a reasonably large family!

Also, luckily, Liz is keen on making the HC a nice room and a great environment to watch films!

She even suggested using the back sitting room as a pool room and suggested we buy a proper pool table for Christmas.
    (little things like this make me realise that setting up a PJ might actually be harder than finding a new woman!!!!)

6. meep

meep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Some of us are very lucky. You can't beat an understanding partner.

I've finally go my projector and screen set up (see progress & screenshots in link at bottom).

Spent a deal of time playing with astig on my 1271 to get nice round dots and with the help of the Nokia setup program (thanks Roland!) I have a stunning 8' 16:9 display in a totally light controlled environment.

My wife was heading for bed two nights ago and caught sight of Erin Brocivitch (sp?) playing on Sky Widescreen. Although we'd seen the movie several times - she was hooked. Stayed up to watch and commented on how great the set up was. (dScaler is an AMAZING piece of software!)

No we're happily setting about looking for sofas and other furniture to soften up the room - together!

For the past year Joan has supported the HC project but not enthustistically. She allowed me allocate a large portion of our house rebuild to the room though often got the glazed look when I enthused about the latest acquistition. Now that its all set up, though, she's thrilled and can see what had me fired up!

Anyway, just some ramblings on how good it is to have partner support - even if agreed sound volumes are still an issue. My attitude is that our daughter Abby is still young enough (1 year) to adapt to loud volumes and accept them as the norm as she sleeps. Joan feels that the throbbing bass will wake her at excessive volumes regardless of my attempts at conditioning.

Nick, that house may have lots of room for kids but try to keep their rooms far from your playroom!

My speaker cable arrives tomorrow so I'll set about that project next. By the way, I have an opportunity of acquiring 4x Bose 4001s at €60 each. (I live in the town where they're made). Anyone know if these are good speakers - I can't find data on them anywhere!

Peter

(edits for spelling)

7. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    Meep

great website, and really nice looking room, well done mate.
    can't wait for any updates :)

I am in the process of converting my loft and putting a 1271 in it, also from Roland, may tap you up for some tips.

keep us posted on any updates.

Giz

8. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Quite right too.

You should be able to "persuade" them to agree just with mental torture and verbal abuse alone:D :D :D

If that doesn't work, just hide the credit card bills and bank statements.;)

Regards

9. meep

meep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Chris - should have seen that coming :rolleyes:

Giz - feel free to contact me via the site. I can't claim to have any high level of expertise though

10. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Meep,

Saw your site the other day, it's a very nice looking room.
    I am not planning on a family just yet, but the kids rooms, if the come, will be at the back of the house which is quite a long way from my hc room (our HH room I should really say!)

The doenside of this understanding we have is that the house is gradually being over run with SHOES!!!:)

Nick

11. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hey I've seen both and I know which one I would keep.:kisses:

12. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Luckily I don't have to make a choice! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.