Marrakech- Street Photography

snerkler

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
A few attempts at street photography around Jemaa el-Fna.

Once again, more on Flickr including different edits.

Last edited:
some interesting stuff :) man with chicken on head, and cobra dude - has you wondering :)

2,4,7 and 8 from this set :)

some interesting stuff :) man with chicken on head, and cobra dude - has you wondering :)
Thanks. The guy with the chicken and dove on his head kept throwing the dove up in the air and it would fly back and sit on the chicken, bizarre ;)

That snake dude was really nice actually. The other one who I had my pic taken with got a bit shirty when I started haggling on price for the photo :(

Last edited:
what was the going rate then Snerks ?

<splutters!> :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

I take a LOT of shots on Holiday - could work out very expensive ;)

I take a LOT of shots on Holiday - could work out very expensive ;)
Well it's not per pic, just per subject. You're not obliged to pay, but you'll get some hassle if you don't.
I've not looked how many pics I've taken to be honest, but Im guessing it was several hundred. I'm going to look in the morning now ;)

Stop making excuses for them Mr. Moneybags :D

Stop making excuses for them Mr. Moneybags :D
Well I didn't take hundreds of 'paying pics', I only paid 3 times IIRC, snake charmer, chicken and dove head man, and watermen (which I haven't posted yet). I could just about scrape ÂŁ3 together ;)

FYI to go up onto the terrace bars where I took the overhead pics from you have to buy a drink before they let you in, but it was only just over ÂŁ1 for a bottle of diet coke.

Who's the "cheapskate" now then ? :D

Nice shots there mate, glad you didn't let the street characters rip you off. Must admit I have never seen the man with birds on his head.

Nice shots there mate, glad you didn't let the street characters rip you off. Must admit I have never seen the man with birds on his head.
Thanks. The snake charmer wanted 200 dirhams as I had the snakes around my neck for a few pics, but he got 20 thanks to advice from yourself and a local travel rep.

We were also warned about the Henna ladies and not to shake their hands as they ink your hand before you've had chance to pull it away and then want 400 dirhams. Tbh though we never saw any bother with them and none tried to shake my wife's hand. They politely asked if we wanted a henna and left us alone when we said no thanks.

All in all I found Marrakech far better than anywhere else in Northern Africa I've been in terms of hassle. A quick no thanks and they left you alone. But some were happy to just have a chat without trying to sell you stuff, very refreshing :)

Last lot. 9 and 10 were taken through the window of a bus whilst travelling to the square.

10. (Possibly my new favourite)

Removed

Couldn't decide whether I prefer mono or colour

Last edited:
#11 :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom