Marrakech - Jemaa el-Fna Market

snerkler

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
1-5 are all SOOC HDR or SOOC Panoramic. The square is brilliant, I recommend everyone to go there at some point. It's much better at night than during the day imo, so much pandemonium it's great.

More pics on my Flickr, plus more to come when I've processed them.

really like 1 and 4 - how did you find it for photographing the locals - any hassle ?

really like 1 and 4 - how did you find it for photographing the locals - any hassle ?
Thanks, yes and no. In the square everyone wants money so you have to bite the bullet or be very sneaky. It's very difficult to be sneaky as the 'performers' usually have one or two people just walking round with money pots watching for photographers.

In the Souks most were happy to have their picture taken, and for free. Some didn't want their pics taking at all, and of course I respected this.

Gotta love the Sony for the in camera panoramic and especially the HDR. I wouldn't have got most of the night shots anywhere near this good. The RAWs aren't a patch imo, even when processed. As you can imagine the lighting was very difficult.

I think you have captured the atmosphere of the market in #3, #4 & #5 They look great via flickr (full screen)

A few more (some taken with the Sony HX9V compact), and even some of me in the photos :confused::eek::eek:

Removed

Removed

Last edited:
Nice additions - 14 stands out and 15 is a lovely portrait

LOL - sorry 13 and 14 :D

Just viewed these pages on my iPad and some of them look a bit poor quality, bit noisy/pixelated/over sharpened, what are they like for everyone else? They look fine on my mac.

pick one that's bad - and what resolution are you viewing at ?

BTW -view all sizes doesn't seem to be available ?

pick one that's bad - and what resolution are you viewing at ?
7 doesn't look good at all, plus 14 looks noisy. Just viewing at whatever size they are on AVF. Look better on flickr although 7 still looks over sharpened.

not seeing much difference in IQ here between AVF and Flickr TBH - 14 does look a bit noisy on both - a bit worse than I'd probably expect for 1600 ISO

Thanks. I don't see much difference on the Mac, just the iPad :confused:

14 doesn't have any noise correction at all, maybe I'll look into the PP. I think it was underexposed so introduced noise when I increased exposure :(

could be- the seated shot doesn't look anything like as noisy - brightish lighting in the background on 14 might have confused the multi-segment metering...

could be- the seated shot doesn't look anything like as noisy - brightish lighting in the background on 14 might have confused the multi-segment metering...
Probably, and then the jumpy in charge of the camera never noticed ;)

The original doesn't look as noisy. Does flickr sharpen images on upload? I really need to learn how to get Aperture and LR to talk to Flickr :rolleyes:

Re-done 14, what's your verdict? Looks much better imo, but not sure if I've changed the black levels too much?

Definitely much better for me - don't see a problem with the black levels given the subject and the clothing colours

Last of my pics from the square.

18. (Spot the Tog ;))

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom