Marquee 95xx Owners Thread

Stridsvognen

Got a 1 in 4 out 18Ghz splitter for 23£ on amazon and a 7,5m HDMI 2.0 18Ghz cable, and i should be able to fire up all projectors at the same time and swich from one to another for some very fast direct comparison.
20190730_142307.jpg

Stridsvognen

It works, its permanently on on all 4 outputs, so perfect for ab testing, have not tested it to full 18Ghz yet.

greg9518lc

So crt is still the king in 2019 for those that own Stridevogon modded projectors for out of black perfection

Last edited:

Diddern

So crt is still the king in 2019 for those that own Stridevogon modded projectors for out of black perfection
Out of black, and completely darks scenes YES the king. "With BLACK".
There are benefits with CRT there that digitals cant manage. But remember also the other way in bright scenes here the Digitals is King. :)
But Yes the Marquee was really good in what I like in a picture :)

Stridsvognen

Digital is still nowhere near the low level performance, but have some benefits in very bright scenes and light output capabilities, motion resolution is still not there on digital, comparing the JVC RS2000 its also hard to complain about color uniformity on the CRT.
The new JVC 4K projectors put the battel more even, as each have its qualities, and im seriously concidering finding a screen material that will benefit the CRT, and see if JVC get tolerances sorted out for the next generation, right now it feels like you have to hand select a digital just like you do with specifik CRT parts, not so plug and play as it could be.

My blue tube got worse again, and now the RS2000 is gone it would be a good time to get it changed.

Diddern

There are always positive and negative sides. You and I know them all :) And for JVC it looks like a lottery of getting a perfect unit. "Unfortunately" Then for the one that really needs a little extra like us.
If you get a new N7 I hope you get a good unit.
The new firmware worked perfectly for HDR. So sad you had to send it back the day before the update. Looked more correct and similar to the BD with benefits.

You have tubes so I don't feel sorry for you hehe :)

greg9518lc

There are always positive and negative sides. You and I know them all :) And for JVC it looks like a lottery of getting a perfect unit. "Unfortunately" Then for the one that really needs a little extra like us.
If you get a new N7 I hope you get a good unit.
The new firmware worked perfectly for HDR. So sad you had to send it back the day before the update. Looked more correct and similar to the BD with benefits.

You have tubes so I don't feel sorry for you hehe :)
I am all aware it takes 8000 plus projector to do some things better or worse then a 20 year old CRT projector. Didn't know you owned a 9500 CRT projector😀 But I guess seeing one gives you a pass. As always good insight.

greg9518lc

Diideron you have been to Kurt's home theater right? Now imagine a theater twice as black and no reflections. I know that Kurt has trouble getting accurate readings in my theater. I know when I was at Kurt's meet that my setup was superior. My screen shots are for fun any more after trying almost every camera my conclusion was There was not enough light to take good screenshots. I know black level and room black level is everything so if you liked Kurt's setup I guarantee you would prefer mine. Take care and askforme I appreciate your screenshots you have a nice setup.

greg9518lc

So just had an Epson 6050 in my theater and it's a no go. Also tried a Barco F35 and it lasted 30 minutes. The funny thing is the electrohome 9500 lcp had more usuable brightness then either one of these. What do I need to try to what I have better black levels and dynamic s

greg9518lc

Just measured and I sit 90" from 110" screen no pixels and perfect black levels

Diddern

Hi Greg remember that with a 4K digital you won't see pixels... that the old days.

Stridsvognen

Its not fair to the epson to be set up next to a good CRT

Stridsvognen

Think the start ticket to compete with vour marquee is a good sample of a Jvc N5/ RS1000

Stridsvognen

I dont care about HDR, and it will do that as well as any other projetor with the right external processor.
The RS600 should be able to perform very very well if its a good sample.

Diddern

I do hehe :)

Diddern

Adjusted and calibrated correctly I have to say I'm really impressed, but if I think its a little too much maybe. But look amazing.

HDR is like I have talked with Stridsvognen about. You might be tired to watch it for a long time.
It also depends where you put your reff white and what you have for peak white.
But still, I have to say that will it be correct like D65 Rec709 on projectors?

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range as we know. Do you think an Epson will manage that with 3000-5000:1?

Last edited:

Stridsvognen

I love digital projectors.. And Epson is absolutely one of the best projector manufactures these days.:thumbsup: And HDR is only about lightoutput.

greg9518lc

Adjusted and calibrated correctly I have to say I'm really impressed, but if I think its a little too much maybe. But look amazing.

HDR is like I have talked with Stridsvognen about. You might be tired to watch it for a long time.
It also depends where you put your reff white and what you have for peak white.
But still, I have to say that will it be correct like D65 Rec709 on projectors?

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range as we know. Do you think an Epson will manage that with 3000-5000:1?
From reading the RS600 has the best contrast for 2500.00 so I purchased one. Will be fun to pick on the 9500 and see if can hold its own.

greg9518lc

Madvr tone mapping! Crt likes this. Need to play more with this
IMG_20191030_221126.jpg

Trending threads

Latest news

McIntosh releases DA2 Digital Audio Module Upgrade Kit
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky TV offers cheaper Sky Q box with updated features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Fyne Audio unveils its first home install loudspeaker line up