Marquee 95xx Owners Thread

Stridsvognen

Got a 1 in 4 out 18Ghz splitter for 23£ on amazon and a 7,5m HDMI 2.0 18Ghz cable, and i should be able to fire up all projectors at the same time and swich from one to another for some very fast direct comparison.
20190730_142307.jpg

Stridsvognen

It works, its permanently on on all 4 outputs, so perfect for ab testing, have not tested it to full 18Ghz yet.

greg9518lc

So crt is still the king in 2019 for those that own Stridevogon modded projectors for out of black perfection

Last edited:

Diddern

So crt is still the king in 2019 for those that own Stridevogon modded projectors for out of black perfection
Out of black, and completely darks scenes YES the king. "With BLACK".
There are benefits with CRT there that digitals cant manage. But remember also the other way in bright scenes here the Digitals is King. :)
But Yes the Marquee was really good in what I like in a picture :)

Stridsvognen

Digital is still nowhere near the low level performance, but have some benefits in very bright scenes and light output capabilities, motion resolution is still not there on digital, comparing the JVC RS2000 its also hard to complain about color uniformity on the CRT.
The new JVC 4K projectors put the battel more even, as each have its qualities, and im seriously concidering finding a screen material that will benefit the CRT, and see if JVC get tolerances sorted out for the next generation, right now it feels like you have to hand select a digital just like you do with specifik CRT parts, not so plug and play as it could be.

My blue tube got worse again, and now the RS2000 is gone it would be a good time to get it changed.

Diddern

There are always positive and negative sides. You and I know them all :) And for JVC it looks like a lottery of getting a perfect unit. "Unfortunately" Then for the one that really needs a little extra like us.
If you get a new N7 I hope you get a good unit.
The new firmware worked perfectly for HDR. So sad you had to send it back the day before the update. Looked more correct and similar to the BD with benefits.

You have tubes so I don't feel sorry for you hehe :)

greg9518lc

There are always positive and negative sides. You and I know them all :) And for JVC it looks like a lottery of getting a perfect unit. "Unfortunately" Then for the one that really needs a little extra like us.
If you get a new N7 I hope you get a good unit.
The new firmware worked perfectly for HDR. So sad you had to send it back the day before the update. Looked more correct and similar to the BD with benefits.

You have tubes so I don't feel sorry for you hehe :)
I am all aware it takes 8000 plus projector to do some things better or worse then a 20 year old CRT projector. Didn't know you owned a 9500 CRT projector😀 But I guess seeing one gives you a pass. As always good insight.

Top Bottom