1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marquee 7500

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Erling, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erling

Erling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all.

I've been offered a Marquee 7500 projector. I haven't seen it yet, but it's supposedly in very good condition, well maintained, with 3000 hrs on the tubes. What is the general opinion of this projector, regarding performance and reliability ?

I have done a search of the forum and found a few posts; most seemed favorable.

The price mentioned is around 5600 Euro / 6100 USD. May seem expensive to most of you, but take into consideration that we have 25% VAT where I live :(

It was suggested that I feed it with an external DVD player through the very expensive HOLO3DGRAPH PCI card of a computer. (http://www.immersiveinc.com/products_holo3d.html)
    Reason for doing this instead of just using a 'normal' HCPC should be that the sound quality of computer DVD drives are inferior to stand-alone players, even when just using the digital output of both types of drive - anyone have any experience regarding this ?

The price of the HOLO3DGRAPH should be around 1200 Euro / 1300 USD, but I may be able to get a combined deal on the projector / card. I will of course also look for this card online and overseas, as I wouldn't be surprised to find it cheaper elsewhere, and the shipping cost can't be much.

Any opinions / suggestions much welcomed, thanks in advance.

Erling Groes-Petersen

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I cant comment on the projector beyond saying i have read that it is a very good projector..... price wise, well it seems a bit high to my ears, but thats probably because there are so few over here for my to take example of.

I do have an H3D card..... i wouldnt look at it as very expensive..... after all, it is only a fraction of the cost of the projector. The price you have also seems a bit high, I could swear i have seen them available inclusive of VAT for around 1000 euros. You should do a search in the hcpc forum for more on that. There is also another option for you. The external player h3d route is good basically because it is easy as pie, that is its major point. Are you intending to use a sdi modified dvd player? If not, there is the potential that the H3d is money you neednt spend. There is a new 'lite' version of the card becoming available with most of the features, but costing less..... go to www.immersiveforum.com for more info about it.

Just shout if you want more info!

Ad

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The 7500 is a good 8" Electromagnetic focus projector. Still supported, tubes can be reworked.
    Get the projector in the rightplace because there is no horizontal keystone correction.
    The Ehomes were much taller than most projectors by putting the powersupply under the tubes.
    Make sure you bolt it down or the fans may blow it round the room.
    Brilliant match with the immersive card. set it to run at about 1280x720 72/75hz

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    Roland...Harsh comment about the fans. It's not that bad! Especially with a Tim Martin PS Mod!

Gordon

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I just got an 8500 in last week needs new tubes but I powered it up for a full check.
    All the paper in room blew about, my ears went pop due to the room pressurising and I was served a noise abatment notice:devil:

Gordon is right once the fans have been isolated they get very much quiter. I'm just teasing as usual

6. Erling

Erling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone for your input.

I have found out in the meantime that the price is a bit on the steep side, and I may be able to get something better, at a lower price. Have to be patient, as I'm buying used and am dependant on what becomes available.

Roland, what could you for the same money, if it has to include shipping to Denmark ?

Would you recommend the immersive card to other projectors as well, i.e. Barcographics 808/1208 ?

Regards,
    Erling Groes-Petersen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.