• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Marooned with Ed Stafford.

BName

Banned
Anyone watch Marooned with - Ed Stafford. on Discovery ? does he really go 10 days stranded like he claims to ?

D

Deleted member 45086

I believe he does, unlike Bear Gryls who was caught spending time in a motel while being stranded in a jungle.:)

Ed Stafford really makes a great show to watch.

Carl.

BName

Banned
10 days isn't long enough he goes three or four days without food and water most the time.

D

Deleted member 45086

He did one when he spent a month on an island on his own. That was great tv to watch.

10 days is short, but he spent them in a forest in Romania which may have been a big enough challenge.

Carl.

BName

Banned
Isn't the whole of this series 10 days he is Marooned for ? The first several programs have been.

D

Deleted member 45086

Isn't the whole of this series 10 days he is Marooned for ? The first several programs have been.
Just had a look at the Discovery Channel website, and you are correct. Ed does do 10 days marooned in different locations.

Sorry I did't realise that was the series.

He did one Walking The Amazon river, and one Naked And Marooned for 60 days on a remote island. These are the only ones I have seen.

Carl.

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
the first season was brilliant where it was 60 days, that was long enough to really test him, but the second season has been a bit rubbish, its gone a bit bear grylls'y because 10 days is just too short, by the time he can get food its time to leave

BName

Banned
He claims it is just him and a camera i bet that is not true.

prezzy

Prominent Member
In the 60 day one he had to get medicine taken in so not really compltely on his own . . .

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
yeah he has emergency supplies, medicine, and a sat phone, its never gonna be less than that, he really shouldnt have gone to the shorter format, his selling point was the long isolated stay.

BName

Banned
Just watched this weeks episode, He drank what could have been contaminated water, If he was cutting his feet should a priority to have been to make shoes ? Bear Grylls would have boiled water first. Bear Grylls is better i think.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom