1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Market Research Question

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Popester, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Popester

Popester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope the admins don't mind me asking this but I can't think of a better panel of experts. Especially as I'm not 'selling' them here this is a genuine 'your thoughts please'.

A German company has approached mine in regards to distributing DVDs for them. Basically the concept is ambient/tech house chilled tracks set to chilled film of flying over landscapes, underwater etc etc.

I quite like them but am curious as to whether others think it might be of general interest. Sound is 5.1 but obviously derived from a stereo master and picture quality is good but not LOTR 'stunning' so it's not a 'technical' DVD.

Just curious as to your thoughts on the concept. TIA

Popester Out.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can't see that I'd get any use out of them... unless I decided to build my own personal chill out room:p

3. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    I can remember having a few similar things on video a few years back.
    I also remember a german satellite channel that used to show moon landings, and various other space themed stuff, all to a nice gentle ambient sound track. Great when you're stoned but a tad dull otherwise ;)

4. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    could be great for parties though..:) I had a party for my missus' birthday last year and we got the projector out and had it playing against a sheet in the dining room window so you could see it from outside (garden/patio) but kept running out of things to put on..
    Something like this could be cool for this sort of party even if you had the music down and your own music in place from a stereo..
    Just a thought..I like new ideas..;)

5. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Personally I wouldn't have any interest in that.

I also remember a german satellite channel that used to show moon landings, and various other space themed stuff, all to a nice gentle ambient sound track.

Yes, but it was only shown after the normal program finished, i.e. after 2am 'till early morning. Not sure who would stay up and watch that ...

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's nothing I'd have an interest in either I'm afraid.

But I do remember the fun had one evening with a mate's new PlayStation (the original one, it was many years ago), playing CDs and watching the in-built on-screen graphics change with the music.... It's fair to say we were more than a tad drunk at the time and the interest wore off by the morning. :D

7. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You seem to know the times well. :D

JD

8. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    My day in Germany (while on holiday) is from 2pm to around 2am, plus minus. ;)

9. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Not my bag, I'm afraid old bean.

But if you do then good luck :)

10. Whatts

Whatts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds exactly like the X-mix DVDs (basic CGI to accompany a techno-track mixed by a well-known DJ).
    They were originally released on CD and VHS, but have now been re-released on DVD.

I have 2 of these DVDs (each containing 3 mixes, so 1 DVD = 3 VHS). They occasionally get played at parties, serving as background image and/or chill-out.
    Fun, but not something you actively watch (unless under the influence of substances)...

- Tom -