Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Market research - projector improvements?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Sykes, May 22, 2002.

1. Sykes

Sykes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what I remember from my marketing studies, companies supposedly do try and find out what customers actually want. Towards this aim I thought about starting a thread soliciting opinions on how to improve some of the budget projectors and then somehow post it to the relevant marketing departments. I know we all want a WXGA 3000:1 contrast projector for £100 or less but being realistic here are my first thoughts (ie. I would be severley tempted by these projectors at their currnet price if they had the following):

Sony Cineza: widescreen panel, contrast at least 600:1, proper component inputs, and shorter throw lens, VGA 15 pin input

Piano: increased lumens output to 800 ANSI, acceptance of progressive input; longer life bulb; VGA input

AE100: improved reliability; more modern looks; better contrast to 600:1 or more

Any more for anymore

Sykes

2. Sykes

Sykes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot:
    AE100: plus Better internal scaler and deinterlacer as in the Piano or the Cineza to make it more DVD player friendly

3. Dubbing Mixer

Dubbing Mixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    How about WXGA LCD with 600:1 plus contrast and high fill factor. Decent lens with less distortion / colur abberration, decent internal scaler and 5k hour lamp life with a replacement cost less than £100. Price of projector? - £ less than 1500.

It's coming but it's not here yet.