Mark

Bristol Pete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'I came home from work and found my pregnant wife dead.

I had a terrible nervous breakdown and turned to drink

That led me to being homeless

It upsets me when people judge me and assume that I am a junkie

I loved my wife and I think of her every minute of everyday

Though more than ever, I think of our unborn child.'

Great picture again Pete, but very sad story.

Martin

Very powerful shot there Pete, and a very sad turn of events for the poor guy.

Sad story indeed.

Lots of post processing going on there Pete, how long does it usually take to do one of these shots?

Another good one Pete but a little over processed for my liking. Checked out your new 'Diego Garcia' identity. Some impressive shots there - especially the heroin addicts.

Ray

Christ Pete - where do you hang out?

That one is a little over-PP'd for me and loses a little of the bite of your others, but what a heart-rending story.

I also had a look at your pics, some are pretty disturbing. I'm glad you are getting some excellent shots and stories to go with them. Keep up the good work.

Thanks all. Appreciate the input. I too am aware that its a little over PPd but still fairly happy with it.

Anyway, the news is that I have been approached by a sunday newspaper to create a photo essay on the homeless work seen on my alter ego site which is splendid news indeed. Early days however, very tentative but have to put together around ten shots.

As ever, the eternal realist and believe it when it happens.

Pete.

Radiohead said:
Christ Pete - where do you hang out?

That one is a little over-PP'd for me and loses a little of the bite of your others, but what a heart-rending story.

Errr, Bristol!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Wow some real powerful images there...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How do you get some of your shots without upsetting people? I'd be rather concerned about my equipment aswell.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dodger747 said:
Wow some real powerful images there...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How do you get some of your shots without upsetting people? I'd be rather concerned about my equipment aswell.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I get asked this a lot. To be honest, without soundling up my own jacksie, I can talk to people on face value. Been like it since I was a kid and sort of carried it with me into adulthood which is sort of how I ended up working with unemployed people, though that ended last year. I also think that I can relate to these people in that I have been down there so kind of understand where they are coming from. It does come and go though, much like anyones confidence. I am sure you can all do it though, just talk to people, its easy.

Snore :( :D

Pete.

Radiohead said:
Great news Pete - is that a national?

Yes. But early days and I will let you know more as and when, assuming it actually happens. had opening gambit emails however, so looks positive.

Will see :confused:

stevegreen said:
Sad story indeed.

Lots of post processing going on there Pete, how long does it usually take to do one of these shots?

Steve, tricky one to answer. Some shots work straight away whilst others go through permitations of PP to see how they work out whilst others are reversed. If you locate my staring at the sea pic that was simply layered once, converted, resized and sharpened. Simple :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom