1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark Of The Devil - DVD questions

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Jun 19, 2003.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

I was under the impression that the infamous horror movie "Mark Of The Devil" (directed by Michael Armstrong, and starring Udo Kier) was to be released in the UK on DVD, uncut and uncensored.

However, I can't seem to find any listings for it having been/being submitted to the BBFC, since the old Redemption Video release of several years back.

Does anyone know if this film is going to be coming out in the UK at all, on DVD? If so, when? Also, will it be uncut and uncensored?

Failing that, can you buy a completely intact, widescreen version of this film, that is uncut and uncensored, from anywhere in the world?

Thanks in advance.

Pooch

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

Okay, so I'm going to answer my own question! :eek:

The film was released on June 23rd, on UK R2 DVD from Anchor Bay UK. The film is a 16:9 anamorphic widescreen edition, with almost all previous censor cuts waived.

Previously, some 4 1/2 minutes were cut out. Now, however, the BBFC has only cut 38 seconds for ultra-explicit sexualised violence, ala "Last House On The Left".

The extras are minimal, but reasonably worthwhile (a 20 minute chat with the director, a trailer, some text notes, and a large amount of posters and stills).

The good news, though, is that AB UK have set a retail price of £16-99 only, instead of the usual £19-99. As such, you could probably get this online, for about £13 at most! A better deal, I think, all round.

Sadly, no US release has been planned by AB at the moment.

Pooch

P.S. The transfer and sound are good, considering the age and quality of the film itself.