Mark Levinson M1 - where can i find a review

harmeetjohal

hi does any one know anything about the Red Rose M1 theater amplifier designed by Mark Levinson? any reviews?

spooney

What about going to the maker ;)
Google tells me: http://www.redrosemusic.com/ as first hit.

Left hand side is a link to reviews and the link leads to a page with gazzilions of reviews

Hope this helps

harmeetjohal

thanks but them reviews of the company not of that amp... does an1 have one? how does itcompare with its competion?

tahirti3

try looking for dussen d9 reviews as this the oem for red rose.my friend ordered one from a chinese company and got it for under £700 inc p and p and taxes.it is the exact same thing, apart from the name.:thumbsup:

harmeetjohal

was he happy with it? how would it compare to rivals? thanks

tahirti3

he is very happy with it but i am not aware of any rivals as it is quite an unusual product ie 5ch integrated amp without any processing.it also looks very hi-end.
for a/v use you will need a processor or at least dvd player with multi-channel outputs.:thumbsup:

harmeetjohal

i have just brought the Audiolab 8000av so could i connect the two? you mentioned that its hard to compare, but as regards sound what can you compare it to?
cheers mate

spooney

I poked around a bit and I think Krell's S-1500 amp would be a competitor.

This is all very, very high-end and more about like or dislike.
Non of these brands is better than the other. All of them will deliver outstanding performance.

IMHO: As soon as you are willing to spend more than 1000 Euro/GBP etc. you should go for a demo or trust somebody you know.
From my experience with high.end reviews: All the products are great and conclusively this is the product which will suit x, y or z.
Some of the magazines even have started to invite a few of their readers and let them make statements. Result: It is all about preferences.

spooney

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom