1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mark knopflers shangri la or night in london

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by mick23, Oct 20, 2004.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi all is shangri la simular in style to golden heart sailing to philadelphia ,or nearer to ragpickers dream which i am not so keen on,

tossing up wether to get shangri la or night in london would like to see mk perform but already have all tracks on cd, its a real pity that night in london does not have a dts soundtrack then i would not hesitate at all

thank you

2. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    mick23 ... you're right it is a shame about the lack of DTS (or any 5.1) on A Night In London - however the audio provided is decent enough and you should not be put off buying it coz of the sound - MK performs a load of his classic solo stuff (and the odd Straits number) with a gr8 selection of musicians like Sonny Landreth who was a new one on me but is a top US blues/slide guitar player who is especially good on the encore number Gravy Train ... This DVD is usually in the budget section I'd recommend u get it I doubt if you'll be disappointed ... Paul :smashin:
    PS I'm still waiting for Shangri La on SACD so cant really comment on it ...