Mark Hollis (Talk Talk)

Gutted to hear this. Waiting for official channels to confirm though....

Part of me officially died today.

My all time favourite band. The Colour of Spring is my favourite album ever and my reference "go to" album for auditions.

I will raise a glass to him tonight and savour the legacy of his genius forever.

So sad, but RIP my friend.

One of my favourite 80's bands alongside The Human League and The Associates.

This was one of their best. What a voice he had and way too young at 64. RIP

Sad news, The Colour of Spring is my favourite Talk Talk album.

Mark Holiis, one of life's mavericks - did things his way, for his reasons, and has left us with a small but perfectly formed body of work.
Putting Call in the Night Boys, Does Caroline Know?, It's Getting Late In The Evening onto B-sides shows the class of songwriting, and that's before you get to the groundbreaking later material which influenced so many other artists.
The Colour of Spring, Spirit of Eden, Laughing Stock and Mark Hollis showed a progression of purpose, a distillation of ideas.

Cannot believe i missed this news! all the above = one hell of an epitaph & i couldn't agree more now i am off for a sad beer to raise a glass or two.

Really sad, such a good band, very underrated at the time but highly thought of in more recent years and rightly so.
Rest in peace Mark - your life is what you made it and you gave pleasure to many.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom