• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mark Grant G1000HD Biamp Cables?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Cable wise your not going to go wrong with any of Marks cables - though I see they are out if stock!

You would need to explain a bit more about your planned connectivity before folk can understand your question about saving channels on your AVR.

Joe

Jeffp571

Prominent Member
Cable wise your not going to go wrong with any of Marks cables - though I see they are out if stock!

You would need to explain a bit more about your planned connectivity before folk can understand your question about saving channels on your AVR.

Joe

Sorry I was a little vague. I am going to use a Marantz SR7007 as a pre/processor and an Audiolab 8000x7 as a power amp. To bi amp with the marantz it requires you to sacrifice the surround back channels so I could only use 5 instead of 7. Theres an option on the Audiolab to bridge the channels which means I could use the full 7 on the Marantz if I got an extra 2 channel power amp or use the internal amp on the Marantz for the last 2 channels, but I have read that bridging alters the sound and not for the better. Someone mentioned that using a y splitter is possible if you wanted to bi amp to one pre out which means I could still use the full 7 channels but then I seen these bi amp cables which look alot more solid than those cheap splitters. Bridging gives an extra 50 watt. I assume bi amping with a splitter or bi amp cable would give 200 watt which is double the power of 1 channel. Would this be the best way of bi amping or is it best to use 2 different pre outs and sacrifice the other channels. Also looking to know if anyone is using these cables for bi amping and what their results are.

Thanks
Jeff

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom