1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mario/zelda creator spks on games and ps3/x360

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by oxygenuk, Jun 4, 2005.

1. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/03/news_6126957.html

and yes its also very true what he says about the ps3 and x360 graphics.

2. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +586
    There's been a lot of talk on gaming forums regarding this patent taken out by Nintendo. Can someone more technically minded than me explain if this could be the 'revolution' with Nintendo's next console.

RDB :)

PS Sorry for going a bit off topic oxygenuk but just thought I'd add it to your Nintendo related thread..

3. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

lol now thats fancy wording, what the hell it means is anyones guess :)

4. chachi

chachi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My read of that lends me to think they have come up with a way to pre-render and compress/store any and all possible angles of view for a given environment and then a game simply needs to reference the stored environment 'cube' with the POV and coordinates, and the balance of the scene can automatically be put in place. If true, the 'CPU' load of a game would be greatly reduced

5. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    not completey sure, its been disscussed at nintendonow.com forums before i think, i think its something to do with the way we see games, which will be a diffrent way than the ps3 or xbox360 and something never ever seen before

6. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Sounds interesting. A lot more so than what Sony and MS are doing.

To be honest I can see their next consoles being nothing more than "sequel makers" pumping out sequel after sequel with nicer graphics.

Its all about the money. They dont care about improving the games industry. At least nintendo are trying.

I also think MS have sort of tried. They do at least listen to what people want.

As for Sony. In my eyes they still need to prove themselves as a games company. (SCEI)

7. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    Releasing sequels is often looked upon badly and in some cases I agree. On the other hand there are some games (which are sequels) that i'm looking forward to more than any "original" titles. I can't wait to see how PES moves on to the next gen platforms and to be honest if they decided not release a PES on the new platforms then personally I wouldn't be that bothered about buying one! Also PGR3 sounds superb from what i've heard about it and I would like to see if Sony & Polyphonic can redeem themselves with GT5 on the PS3.

There is often this thing that "we must have more original games!". The game of Football has been going about 130 years now and noone has turned around and said "i'm bored of footie now and want someone to invent a new original game for me to watch/play" - well someone may have but you know what I mean :smashin: PES IS digital football and even though i've played it at least once a week (except holidays etc) for the last 6 years or so I still can never imagine getting bored of it. I love seeing how each new version improves on the last and I can say for certain that the next gen PES is already my most wanted game (by a country mile) on the 360 or PS3 and I can't see anything changing that.

But like I say there are the usual dross of sequels that tend to give the others a bad name. We all know that EA are one of the major offenders but I guess people buy them so I can't blame them for making them.

8. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    It's all well and good talking up Nintendo and their games, but Nintendo is in last place in the console war, so obviously what he believes is not what the general gaming public believes.

9. Smegaman

Smegaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Miyamoto is really on my wavelength at the moment. I agree with everything he says about games being too long etc. One of my favourite games of all time is Smilebit's Jet Set Radio and that can be completed in around 4 hours or so once you know what you're doing.

Nintendo are the 2nd biggest publisher in the world (2nd only to Electronic Arts) and so must be doing something right.

If the Revolution is half as good as they're talking it up I'm gonna be in heaven for the next 5-7 years :D