1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mario Sunshine 8.0/10 on Gamespot

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Dom H, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Dom H

Dom H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://gamespot.com/gamespot/storie...2878399,00.html

2. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've spoken on my thoughts on reviews in an EDGE forum a while back.. Sure its 8.0 but then if you go to IGN or look at Famitsu there are higher scores...

Personally I never go by one review/source alone and indeed it helps to use personal preferance too. For example a videogame like Last Blade II would be given a rating of 7/10 but I would still buy it because I know its a top 2D fighting game. The reason being for its 7/10 score is because it won't appeal to everyone. The same could go for R-Type or Contra... The only exception here is Radiant Silvergun... Probably one of the finest shooters ever made.

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +671
    I think 8/10 is a fair score for this game.
    I would have given mario 64 10/10 when it first appeared and prolly still give it 9/10 now, Everyone i know who has played both for an extended period seems to agree with this too.

Dont get me wrong I class 8/10 a very good score i am not knocking the game at all and it is the best title to come out in a long while, on any format , ICO was the last game that really blew mw away, and that is up there with mario64, zelda and earlier games such as secret of mana.

I just feel that all the way through Mario 64 I couldnt wait to find the next little area, and i knew it would feel fresh, you just don't get that with sunshine.All too samey for me, it isn't shouting at me to play it.