• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympics stock?

M

MMC1979

I have been looking everywhere for this game for over 2 weeks without any luck.

Does anyone have a copy to sell or know of anywhere with them in stock?

Many thanks

KingEdward

having been in the same situation i managed to pick one up from a small, local Sainsburys for £29.97 :cool:
i'd trawled the net, the entire length of Oxford St & Lakeside with no joy.

fireandskill1

You could use this waiting time to exercise your lower arms;)

TimmyH

My 8 year old lad sprained his arm on this !

They say about the Olympics that "it's not the winning it's the taking part that counts".

With regard to this game, I must be a true Olympian as I have consistently come last in every event I have taken part in....

:)

kez

Distinguished Member
really? i've got quite a few world records :)

9.71s for the 100m, and 102m in the javelin :clap:

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
I dont see what the big deal with this game is... the misses loves it though!

Oh come on, it's brilliant! Although you do need to play multiplayer. Single player is a bit dull. There's not much funnier than watching the wife leaping around the room! The attention to detail is great too - small things like the little skip the characters take before throwing the javelin, or getting the crowd to clap before the triple jump, for example. And anything that gets the missus onside for having a Wii in the first place can't be bad :rolleyes:

With regard to this game, I must be a true Olympian as I have consistently come last in every event I have taken part in....

:)

A true Brit :D

really? i've got quite a few world records :)

9.71s for the 100m, and 102m in the javelin :clap:

Can't remember what records I have without going to look, but I remember being especially chuffed when I got the hammer world record (with Bowser, admittedly). Wario is my favourite character just for comedy value!

I think the swimming events are the most knackering especially if you use Vector...

Syph0n

I really enjoy it, having got the missus it for Christmas. I got it a good few weeks prior to Christmas, and it was difficult to find it then. Ordered at Argos, but chanced Asda and it was there, just being re-stocked. Seems to be a common theme for all the best Wii games before and after Christmas.

WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
Got mine from the local Argos yesterday - £34.99 :thumbsup:

I see seom folk are selling Argos reserve codes on ebay - I guess they are hitting the Argos website and reserving any spare stock across the UK :mad:

R kid

crack'in game not many around yet....ended up buying 2 more remotes and nunchucks....so a game that should av been £30....ended up being £130....nevermind having a great time playing it....archery is a classic...maybe because i'm always winning that one!

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
I see seom folk are selling Argos reserve codes on ebay - I guess they are hitting the Argos website and reserving any spare stock across the UK :mad:

That's just rude! Anyway, aren't those codes only valid for 24 hours?

kez

Distinguished Member
crack'in game not many around yet....ended up buying 2 more remotes and nunchucks....so a game that should av been £30....ended up being £130....nevermind having a great time playing it....archery is a classic...maybe because i'm always winning that one!

actually, i love the archery, too. it's ace!

ROBIN50N

its in stock at asda online now. 37.93.

and play.com. looks likes its back in stock most places now.

o THE CHAD o

I doubt very much people have bought this game for themselves.

Seeing as its going for £50+ on ebay and people are making a tidy little sum selling argos res. codes.

In 25yrs of gaming i dont think ive ever seen such a demand for a game.Hard to believe that you cant get a copy anywhere.

And,yes i'm very bitter about it and have now offically stopped looking for it online every day.

Now if my 7yr old son would stop going on about it!

Damn you Nintendo....damn you to hell!!

:D

ROBIN50N

must be going quick from play.com then. it was 37.99 from them, not from play trade.

o THE CHAD o

must be going quick from play.com then. it was 37.99 from them, not from play trade.

That play-trade thing makes no sense to me....everything seems to be a lot more expensive than what play sell stuff for.

ROBIN50N

its basicly just people selling things via play, like market place on amazon and a bit like ebay.

Del Boy Smiffy

Distinguished Member
They are only over priced if its out of stock there, people take advantage of stock levels basically.

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
Now if my 7yr old son would stop going on about it!

Let him wait a bit - he'll be a better person for it in the long run :)

I remember many years ago when I was a child and I had to learn to wait for stuff, if it ever turned up at all. That said, I don't have kids of my own yet, but I see my friends' kids going on and on - anything for a quiet life sometimes eh? You got a cupboard under the stairs you can keep him until you find a copy? :devil:

Remember the days when Streetfighter II was launched on the Super Nintendo? And import copies were trading for £100+? Now THAT was crazy! I remember thinking I got a bargain at £60! Ridiculous really...

ROBIN50N

its in stock at tesco.com, despatched in upto 7 days. £37.99

craig777

its in stock at tesco.com, despatched in upto 7 days. £37.99

Doesn't actually say it's 'in stock'.

'Normally dispatched within 7 days' actually means... 'Product is not in stock and will take 7 days to receive from the supplier, pack and prepare for dispatch'.

rentagas

I stupidly bought a copy of Mario and Sonic at the Olympics on the 4th of December from a site that sells dvd's etc from a variety of places (movietyme.com) not realising I'd get a US disc (yes I know they are based in the US) and that Nintendo have region coding. Of course come christmas day it won't play. Now that's a way to upset your children................

My choices are mod chip (serve Nintendo right if there restrictive practices mean I never buy a game again!), a US wii or just bin the disc- any other suggestions?
Amazon say they won't get stock until Feb 8th

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom