Mario Kart Wii 2 player Vs.

weyland-yutani

Prominent Member
Reaction score
i used to love playing mario kart against a mate in 2 player vs split screen mode. just going head to head on any track was tremendous fun. now i go to play a mate on the wii and find that i can't just play a mate on any track and go head to head, it appears i have to race against the whole cast of mario world AND my mate. have i missed something? have they really removed the 2 player vs. split screen mode?:rolleyes:

Yep, you can play 2 players only by changing the rules after selecting solo race and then setting "None" for the CPU existence option.

:smashin:

Hope you don't mind me popping a question in here now that yours has been answered but is there any way to play this game without having to use the annoying motion control?

I just want to use the dpad instead...

Is there any way to play this game without having to use the annoying motion control?

I just want to use the dpad instead...

Try a wii classic controller or a gamecube controller, both should work fine. Wii games tell you on the back of the box which controllers they support :)

Last edited:
Got Mario Kart as part of a Wii bundle, only came with a crappy cardboard sleeve.

Thanks for the info. Guess i need to track down a classic controller then.

You could use the remote & nunchuck. Still some motion control for wheelies etc, but it's actually my preferred control choice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom