Mario Kart Official Nintendo Competitions Released

toons

I see Nintendo have released a competition on Mario Circuit. You need to submit your best time by 10/05.

It’s like a race but with those ball & chains on the loose!!

You can try it as many times as you like, before submitting your time.

Cloysterpeteuk

How do you access this?, is it competitions in the Mario Kart channel bit?, because everytime I go there it tells me to turn wiiconnect24 on even though it's already set to on.

toons

I just went into the Mario Kart Channel and on the front page it was streaming at the bottom.

The top 10 is dominated by the Japanese and a Swede

Tazbot

Distinguished Member
I just went into the Mario Kart Channel and on the front page it was streaming at the bottom.

The top 10 is dominated by the Japanese and a Swede
Yes, I've registered my time of 1:45 but no where near what the world champion has (1:33) - how the hell do the Japanese get those times :eek:

I watched a replay of a Japanese guy on Luigi circuit - it was mad to say the least perfect laps everytime :rolleyes: he/she used manual drift, Donkey kong and a bike (not sure which bike) and was getting boost after boost after boost - something not right at all about this :suicide:

Good fun all the same. :D

hat1

Novice Member
Had quick "fun" (i.e not very fast !) race on this, tried to upload my time out of interest but alas it would not connect, wasn't too fussed but would have been gutted if i'd nailed a particularly good time.... oh well, at least it's free !!:D

G a f f e r

How do you access this?, is it competitions in the Mario Kart channel bit?, because everytime I go there it tells me to turn wiiconnect24 on even though it's already set to on.
Ninty borked up the way WC24 and SC (standby connect) work. Basically, you have to have BOTH WC24 and SC turned on together, otherwise the console assumes WC24 is turned off :suicide:.

On to the comp. I tried it yesterday and found it could be quite random. Race 1 = 3 blue shells in total just for me :thumbsdow - posted a time over 2min.
Race 2 = 1 blue shell and 1 red - posted a time under 2min.

Racing line, style, manual, character, vehicle etc etc all unchanged between 1 and 2.

On the race where I happened to (luckily) get fewer weapons cast my way, I posted a 1:46, but still nowhere near any leaderboard times :).

stuart w

Novice Member
I would have liked to see a "Ghost" of the winners race. Noticed its the same one who has many quickest time trials.

toons

I would have liked to see a "Ghost" of the winners race. Noticed its the same one who has many quickest time trials.
Yep would be nice, get a few tips.

The next competition is under way, Wii wheel only, race through some gates.

toons

Yes, I've registered my time of 1:45 but no where near what the world champion has (1:33) - how the hell do the Japanese get those times :eek:

I watched a replay of a Japanese guy on Luigi circuit - it was mad to say the least perfect laps everytime :rolleyes: he/she used manual drift, Donkey kong and a bike (not sure which bike) and was getting boost after boost after boost - something not right at all about this :suicide:

Good fun all the same. :D
How did you watch the replay?

sjw

So what sort of times are people getting on the new competition? I had a few goes and got a 1:18 or so which is waaaay off the continental/worldwide times..
Anyone else?

stuart w

Novice Member
Ive just done a 1:09:507, still 6 seconds from the leader :eek:

Weird using the wheel i always use my wavebird!

toons

Anyone tried the new competition?

How the hell, do they do it in 13 seconds?

I managed 40secs without any misses or mistakes