Mario Kart Live

Sandman

Distinguished Member
I just stumbled across this having never heard of it before. This seems like a great idea that the kids, big little and big, will love.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
£100 each RRP.

Can be had for 90 at shopto.

Its bit pricy for me and I also haven't got a warehouse sized living room.

Flashy

Distinguished Member
Can’t justify the cost for a download-only game and don’t live in a palace.

But absolutely love the concept. Only Nintendo could do something like this and make it work, which I’m sure it will.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Can’t justify the cost for a download-only game and don’t live in a palace.
In this case I don’t think it matters much.
The game itself is free for anyone to download off the eshop. It just won’t work without the Kart.

It retains its resale value the same as any other cartridge based game would as the next user just downloads the game, the same way as you would as the first owner.

cmdrmarc

Distinguished Member
The main issue I have is 2 player looks amazing, but no way I'm paying £200 - I don't understand why they didn't do a 2 player set?

Atomic77

This looks really cool but its too bad that they could not make it work on the Switch Lite.

Atomic77

I thought the video said it wouldn't work. I know Mario Kart 8 does but I don't know about the live part.

cmdrmarc

Distinguished Member
I thought the video said it wouldn't work. I know Mario Kart 8 does but I don't know about the live part.
No apart from Labo, everything works on Switch Lite, though the following games would require you to have separate joycons:

• 1-2-Switch
  • Fitness Boxing
  • Just Dance 2017
  • Just Dance 2018
  • Just Dance 2019
  • Just Dance 2020
  • Ring Fit Adventure
  • Super Mario Party

iFi audio

AVForums Sponsor
Hmm, I've only just noticed more than one purchased to be made otherwise, only one player? I mean I could and I would (Not sure the kids would agree!) :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom