March 2009 Competition - Launch and Discussion

Zone

Reaction score
Well done to Bodoman for winning February's competition on the theme of Perspective with his Rat up a drain pipe :D

For March Barry has chosen the theme

More Than One

As usual I'll try and keep the thumbnail page up to date as when entries come in HERE

Please take time to make yourself familiar with the rules before posting HERE

As always will once again be supplying a 10x8" print of the winning shot :)

And Gordon @ is once again offering his services for a free ISF calibration, terms and conditions apply, see below :thumbsup:

Closing date is 27th March at 7pm or thereabouts.

Terms and conditions for ISF Calibration prize:
Prize: 1 x ISF calibration
Only available on mainland uk
Calibration will be done when Convergent are already in your area
There is no cash alternative
If winner is out with mainland UK then if travel costs are covered we will honour the prize

Last edited:
A big thank you to all the people who voted for my entry last month, i feel humbled that mine was chosen amongst so many fine entries, still it was nice to see a good spread of the votes and in particular those who got their very first vote in the comp, thats all you need to get some encouragement:thumbsup:

I did give the theme a lot of thought to try and open up the comp a bit to suit all styles of photography, so no excuses not to enter this month guys and girls:D

Well done Bodo, well deserved.... More than one this could be interesting. my mind is brimming with Ideas but I'm not sure how to execute them... Yet

Hi Barry,

congrats on winning the february contest, and thanks for picking an interesting theme for march !

C U,
Rafael

Yep, well done again and a very interesting theme - should be lots of varied entries.

I did give the theme a lot of thought to try and open up the comp a bit to suit all styles of photography, so no excuses not to enter this month guys and girls:D

I'm having an operation on my knee tomorrow, but am hoping I will be recovered in time to get an entry in...:D

Yep, well done again and a very interesting theme - should be lots of varied entries.

I'm having an operation on my knee tomorrow, but am hoping I will be recovered in time to get an entry in...:D

Hope the operation goes well for you Garf, no doubt you will have more than one stitch:cool:

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm going to enter this comp and see what i can come up with as im trying to get in to photgraphy......but the theme "more than one" am i missing something here as i'm not getting the theme lol :oops:

It is whatever you think "more than one" means. That is the beauty of the competition, it is up to your imagination.

Hi there, I'm going to enter this comp and see what i can come up with as im trying to get in to photgraphy......but the theme "more than one" am i missing something here as i'm not getting the theme lol :oops:

I know what you mean. Usually - there is a divide between photos which really scream the theme, and those which are great photos and fit within the theme. So I don't think you have to over-think it as long as you take an appealing photo.

For inspiration, keep an eye on the 'it's not valid' thread - hopefully some archive shots will appear on there which might throw out some ideas.

A few people have entered photo mosaics too (i.e. multiple photos in a grid).

Hi Mark, the theme is simpler than it seems, a photograph of anything that portrays more than one of the same object in it, can be anything you like.

Took the wife to the dentist today and took the camera with me to test the theme, parked in a non descript residential road, nothing interesting there at all, then these guys walked by, did not have time to alter the camera setting, i think it was set on landscape program, just got 2 shots off, so its not the best of photographs but i think its enough for you get the gist of the theme.
Look forward to seeing you have a go:)

MORE THAN ONE LADDER.

[IMGLINK]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3602/3321811561_58563de85e_o.jpg[/IMGLINK]

Thanks guys, i have the perfect picture in my head and it's 20mins of road biking away, so guess im going for a ride....going to try capture it in black and white........having read the rules for entry, i don't have a digital SLR, i just have a compact digital camera....will i still be able to enter as i can't really enter all of the settings as some are not applicable to me?

Thanks guys, i have the perfect picture in my head and it's 20mins of road biking away, so guess im going for a ride....going to try capture it in black and white........having read the rules for entry, i don't have a digital SLR, i just have a compact digital camera....will i still be able to enter as i can't really enter all of the settings as some are not applicable to me?

Yes, it will still have the EXIF for the mods to view if you send the original straight-from-camera image to Zone.

Mark your camera will have all the info (exif) needed if you right click on your photo and then click on properties it will show them, always use `save as`before editing your photo in any way this preserves the original photo with exif.

No problem using a compact, my winning photo was taken with an ÂŁ150 compact camera:)

No problem, so if i take it, keep the original and make a copy to edit, i can post the edited one and send the original in too? Just need to wait for a break in the clouds now as don't think overcast skies would look good in B&W

Thanks didn't know about the exif info on the original photos, thats my learn something new for today done :thumbsup:

Congratulations fella - a well deserved win and an amusing take on the theme. Well done :thumbsup:

Hope the operation goes well for you Garf, no doubt you will have more than one stitch:cool:

Yep, it did go well thanks, and I do have more than one stitch ;). That said, I really hope I can get out, as I have a cracking idea for an entry - just not up to much walking at the mo...

A few people have entered photo mosaics too (i.e. multiple photos in a grid).

Having been away I hadn't seen this before I had my idea and entered my photo. I can't remember anyone else entering a Photo Mosaic before.

Ian.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom