Marcel Marceau?

fliegenaffe

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I know it's been covered before regarding people not talking/using their mics,but i've come across a new phenomenon...IGNORANCE. First of all i thought it was my headset playing up but whilst i was in the lobby i spoke and even coughed loudly,the little icon that shows the sound that comes from the mic showed up. I've realised what the problem could be,my ACCENT. Apparently (according to some welsh blokes) i'm a cockney (i come from kent and therefore have a southeast english accent but it's far from cockney) In the dozens of games i've played this week only one other bunch of people actually replied to me and that was a decent bunch of lads from Germany who asked me if they could pick up my care package as i'd been killed shortly after calling it in. I have NO problem with a persons accent or what country they come from,i'm simply on there to have a laugh and play a few games (preferably as a team). I hope this doesn't come across as a rant,it's not my intention. Just puzzled as to why people refuse to speak unless you joined the lobby with them.

don't worry about ranting mate, thats what the forum is all about!! :D

a lot of people have mic's but never use them. i never bother with 1 unless i'm playing with people on here or other mates. some people can't understand my accent either, so i think them not replying is a polite way of saying 'don't understand ya mate so **** off'!

on the other hand tho mate i wish they'd confiscate the mics of those annoying little ***** who squeal and shout all kinds of ******** in the lobby. either that or bless them with ignorance. i'm getting sick of having to mute the bastards every new game. :devil:

Yeah i do mute the little kiddies who insist on screaming. If i'm in a lobby with strangers i won't go yapping my head off but i'll try to offer support e.g "We're being flanked" or "they're in such and such location",it's what most people do (well,the ones i play with) i must admit i keep quiet with a room full of Yanks as (you can probably agree) the majority of the time i get the comments about Harry Potter or Cups of tea. Anyway, i won't force anyone to talk,but as most people would agree,it would make gaming a bit smoother

My name will always show as having a headset connected but I am nearly always in private chat.

Also I use X1s and always have the headset cable connected. Ill listed to what anyone has to say, if doesn't interest me I just turn it down.

tbh im not a big chatter. it anoys the wife for some reason so i dont bother much. i have used chat in domination to warn others of flag defenders but in tdm it seems to be reserved for people swearing and throwing abuse at others.

I think talking to random people on MW2 is just a wastle of time, noone listens to you and then you get abuse back from some 5 year old for something trivial, like drinking cups of tea. I will usually talk when im in with AVF, and very very rarely in SnD if its necessary

I don’t talk to people when I'm playing on my own because like Dan said, it's just asking for trouble. If I'm in a full side of AVF on TDM for example, I do try and give enemy locations (usually end up confusing myself by which time the moment has passed :D), but not too keen on speaking in a lobby where there are shouty randoms.

AVF lobby in 'Nice Yank On Team Shock!!!'

Dont see it very often but we had an American guy on a team of 5 AVF'ers last night and to be honest he joined in, didnt scream or insult and thoroughly got into the whole team aspect of demolition on Rundown. Thats the good side of the mics. Noodle or something he was called.

On the negative side is the screaming little brats, the annoying pricks who constantly slag anyone off, the yanks who think they are great (sorry but it does seem to be the yanks mostly to blame for this), the people who sing constantly (apart from Frankie) and just genuinely annoying arses really.

AVF lobby in 'Nice Yank On Team Shock!!!'

Dont see it very often but we had an American guy on a team of 5 AVF'ers last night and to be honest he joined in, didnt scream or insult and thoroughly got into the whole team aspect of demolition on Rundown. Thats the good side of the mics. Noodle or something he was called.

On the negative side is the screaming little brats, the annoying pricks who constantly slag anyone off, the yanks who think they are great (sorry but it does seem to be the yanks mostly to blame for this), the people who sing constantly (apart from Frankie) and just genuinely annoying arses really.

With Americans, its not like the nice guys dont exast, the majority of them are incredibly nice people, its just the kind of people that Mw2 attracts, its the same with us over here, we only get idiots on the mic and then humans playing the game tend to keep quiet, its only because here we have a "mature" bunch of people at AVF just here for the banter that we get the best of the game, banter and gaming chat too, Americans seem to be more outgoing so wont hold back in talking to 5 people all on a clan, its just most of them are not old enough to tie their own shoelaces yet

I get it all the time just because of my Glasweigan accent. Luckily i am usually in a lobby from guys from here who are great and don't care where you come from or what accent you have.

Your best just ignoring them mate in all honestly. Yesterday, I was in the same team as a few English guys who for no reason all through a team deathmatch starting giving me grief. The ebst bit was that, Even though i aint great at the game, They were worse than me and i was top in the game and got the match winning kill. :rotfl:

I like to ignore anybody not from the North West, unless they're female ;)

All joking aside, I like to have a laugh and a joke in the lobby with party members. I will always answer anybody I don't know too if they speak to me. Just common courtesy really. But there are some very ignorant people on there I find!

I have pointed numerous psotions of enemies etc. when I am watching teammates playercams, but they just don't listen sometimes. Well if they don't want a kill then they can do one....haha

i understand the need for comms in the team based games but i have found that the FFA lobby's are very very quiet, now that we dont get the yanky doodle dandies i can go several games without a word being uttered.

It annoys me in team games , when no-one speaks as it's just damn rude :thumbsdow, team based games are exactly that teams have to work together to reach the Objective :thumbsup:... communication plays a major part when working out strategy's,

I also like playing with those that get right into ithe moment :D... charlie on your six Gateshead ... recieved Oscar :rotfl:

Those are the best games for me :smashin:

It annoys me when you look at someones profile they clearly have 70K Gamerscore and 4 years on their tag , but not a mic bit strange or IGNORANT :lesson:

Apparently (according to some welsh blokes) i'm a cockney (i come from kent and therefore have a southeast english accent but it's far from cockney)
dont worry, its what most people who live outside of the southeast call people from the south east. i mean im from london and technically im still not a cockney but my sister is.
its just like people in the south east call anyone north of watford a northerner, and west of london a yocal :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom