1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marble type speaker supports

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by witters, Nov 17, 2003.

1. witters

witters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Can anyone please recommend a marble type stone base for placing floorstanders on?

2. marillion

marillion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Marillion fan?

3. Mr THX

Mr THX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Witters
    I had a pair made for my ProAc 1.5 Response floorstanders from the local Marble Dealer.
    Dimensions are 15" X 12" and are 3/4 " thickness they are made from a granite type marble. (Apologies I don't know the exact composition detail). They are solid Marble though and not the conglomerate type stone you can get, spike have a tendency to mark that type very easily. They were approx £70 for the pair, polished edges n' all.
    They do sit well on there own, firstly had the marble plinths on a wooden floor so used blue tak underneath with the ProAc's having spikes sat on the marble. Now I've moved into a different room and there situated on carpet I purchased some of the cone type isolators you can get for equipment and put four on each plinth. They secure the plinth and stop any rocking on carpet.
    Overall I'am very impressed with sound improvements that the Marble Isolation plinths brought.
    If by chance you don't have a Marble dealer close by (I know there not like B&Q) then the one I used is in Wombwell Nr Barnsley, not a million miles from where you are.
    If you want some pic's drop me your e-mail address it'll be no problem..............all in all in the end they were half the price I was being quoted for such like plinths from HI-Fi dealers.

Regards

4. witters

witters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Sounds like just what I'm looking for! PM on it's way for picture purposes.