1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

marantz

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by brane, Aug 17, 2003.

Tags:
  1. brane

brane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have marantz dvd player DV4200, receiver SR4200 and a remote control RC5200SR. 1. I have one simple question. How can I allways turn on my radio pressing one button, change chanels pressing chanel numbers and turn it of pressing one button. :cool:

With this remote control it all seems so complicated. First I have to press AMP, than POWER, than TUNER (if I was listening to CD last time) and to turn it off, I have to press AMP again and than POWER. I don't mind doing that a few times, but I listen to the radio daily. Is there a soulution, maybe a simplier remote control. Even a much simplier and much cheaper sistem can do that, it's so frustrating. :suicide:

I'm also very dissapointed by performance of dvd player. If I insert a CD in it, it takes a while before it starts playing it. Preview and forward functions are slow to, and interval is to long. A simple hi-fi can handle this things much better. But I can live with that, it's a dvd palyer afterall. :zonked:

2. And now I have a technical problem with my dvd player. It's more than a year old so there is no guarantie. When I insert a CD in it, I can play a first few songs and after that it hangs. It appears to search something. I have tried diffrent CDs so that should not be a problem. Any idea? :confused:

I wanted to mail Marantz support, but their feedbeck email doesn't work. I thought this was a respectable firm.
    I shouldnt buy this, now that it's old, I could not even sell it I guess. There are so much better and chipper sistems out there.

Thanks,

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The remote is a bit complicated...... i suggest you go to the remote area of the forum..... you just need to program in some macros i think, the guys in that forum will help you out with that.

The 4200 is a slightly older gen player..... it would be a bit slower (actually maybe im thining about another player..... but i think the 4200 is an older machine). The cd playing thing...... you might have a slightly dirty lens or something..... you could take the machine apart and give the lens a clean to see if that helped.

Someoene else reported the feedback addy didnt work actually, not good practice on Marantz's part. I have had marantz stuff and still do and am not displeased.

Ad

3. Chrissywis

Chrissywis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you bought your machine from a BADA dealer then it will have a two year warranty as standard so you may still be covered. It's probably worth checking.

4. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    On my Marantz SR5300 if I press a source button on my remote control twice quickly or press and hold the button for 2-3 seconds it turns the Amp on in that mode, try pressing Tuner button twice or holding it down and see what happens, you still have to press the amp button before the power to turn it off.

For support try phoning Marantz directly the number is in the back of What Hi-Fi, I have always found them very helpful.

5. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    marantz AND yamaha AND denon have 2 year warranties on EVERYTHING bought from ANYWHERE