Marantz VQ2400 Video Format Converter - available in the UK?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by woja, Sep 12, 2007.

1. woja

woja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I have an SD-based setup with a Cambridge Audio Azur AV Receiver (540R) for signal switching (video + audio) but this means I need to stick to 1 cable/signal format for all my inputs so I only need to run 1 cable to my panel (Pannasonic PWD7).

This currently is a S-Video.

I'm about to start embedding cables in the wall and so my decision becomes more permanent on signal format, so what I wanted was to be able to put all signals through a component, so I can guarantee the best signal goes through, ie. component gets passed through, s-video etc upscaled blah blah blah.

This Marantz VQ2400 box seems to be exactly what I want, it'll sit on all the outputs of my receiver and punt them all through a component cable to the panel, all auto-switched, Job done!

However I can't find one (or any mention of one, or anything similar) on this forum or anywhere else on a UK site...

So, any ideas? :eek:)

Cheers!

(Oh, and I realise I really want to use a scaler etc, but budget for the moment is a major consideration... though if someone could recommend a 200 squid scaler then I'm all ears!)