Marantz VP-12s4/DVDO iscan VP50 problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by deanoak, Sep 13, 2007.

1. deanoak

deanoak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I am posting in the proj sect because I believe this problem is the proj software causing the problem.
    1. Sometimes on startup when my screen descends no picture appears just the proj graphics in the top RH corner ie: 720p etc. The only way I have to correct this is to switch off and start again. If I just switch the pict. to my plasma screen all appears to be ok with the vp50.

2. Last night after watching a HD film on sky+HD I switched back to a std def channel and the screen just went green.

Having read on the AVS forum about a firmware upgrade on the Marantz VP12s4 I am wondering whether anybody reading this has had similar probs. Looking on the European Marantz website does not enlighten.

2. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Might be worth posting in the video processors/scalers forum

3. deanoak

deanoak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for your interest Timbo21.
    I think I have now side stepped this problem by adding the component output from Sky+HD. So now if the screen appears green from the HDMI iput to the VP50 I now switch to component and then back to HDMI and this seems to do the trick.:clap: I have posted this in case anyone else finds a similar problem with other projectors.